• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find the option to change font of open captions (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I simply wanted to add some subtitles to my video but already struggling for an hour just to find out how I can change the font.

As you can see in the screenshot, the Captions window doesnt show any editing options for font.

I use open captions and didnt find any solution on the internet. 

Who knows what is wrong?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

You have selected 'Open Subtitling', which doesn't allow you to change the font.

Create a new caption, and select 'Open Caption' which does.

I struggled to find information on the difference, but there is a short thread here that sort of explains, in case it makes a difference to your purpose:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/what-is-the-difference-between-quot-open-subtitling-quot-and-quot-open-captions-quot/m-p/10927416?page=1#M252852

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have selected 'Open Subtitling', which doesn't allow you to change the font.

Create a new caption, and select 'Open Caption' which does.

I struggled to find information on the difference, but there is a short thread here that sort of explains, in case it makes a difference to your purpose:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/what-is-the-difference-between-quot-open-subtitling-quot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wau, you are a life saver. Didn't notice this small difference. Now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines