• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Link Premiere Sequence to After Effects Composition after 2017 Update

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project in which I have several linked Premiere Sequences/After Effects Compositions. After updated to the recent 2017 releases, those sequences have gone offline. When I try to relink the media, by selecting the After Effects Project file, I hit OK, but nothing happens. Leaving me unable to relink those sequences, and my files offline. I have updated Premiere, After Effects, and Bridge.

Is this a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, I had the same problem plus cant import png images, after reinstall it`s working again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephensondj,

Open the composition in AfterEffects 2017, save it & then try to link the media in Premiere Pro.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya, I tried doing as you suggested, but it still won't let me select my After Effects project for relinking. I tried doing as save as too, and that didn't work either.

-DJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, I had the same problem plus cant import png images, after reinstall it`s working again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this situation at the moment as well after the 2017 AE update.  I have project that my client has requested a couple of changes to project that I had assembled in Premiere Pro CC.  Seeing that this AE modified clips, Lower Third's, and effects are "off line", I try to relink them through "Locate" with negative results. I can point the file, but, the fill will not be recognized. 

I've have de-registered, plugins, and uninstalled both AE and PP then reinstalled them. I have opened the AE projects in AE, saved them and again attempted to "Locate" them in PP. 

PP know's right where these files are when attempting to link the.  The Locate screen pops up with the correct location.  Selecting the files in the window and then "OK" brings up  another window which I suspect I have not noticed before, but since the process is halted here, the pop up screen " Import After Effects Composition" pops up to show some progress, but the content is blank and nothing happens.  When I give up and hit cancel, the POP up window "File Import Failure" comes up with the file name listed.  in the note section  this window reports an Error Message... "The importer reported a generic error." 

So because I chose to use the Abobe software and the  Dynamic link, my project is not longer workable until a solution is found.

AE 2017.2 ver 14.2.1.34

PP 2017.1.2 v110

Win 10.0.14393 build 14393

OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation
System Name
System ManufacturerMSI
System ModelMS-7883
System Typex64-based PC
System SKUDefault string
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateAmerican Megatrends Inc. 2.60, 8/25/2016
SMBIOS Version3.0
Embedded Controller Version255.255
BIOS ModeLegacy
BaseBoard ManufacturerMSI
BaseBoard ModelNot Available
BaseBoard NameBase Board
Platform RoleDesktop
Secure Boot StateUnsupported
PCR7 ConfigurationBinding Not Possible
Windows DirectoryC:\Windows
System DirectoryC:\Windows\system32
Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume1
LocaleUnited States
Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "10.0.14393.206"
UsernameDESKTOP-R7JMK09\Bear
Time ZoneSE Asia Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)128 GB
Total Physical Memory128 GB
Available Physical Memory106 GB
Total Virtual Memory147 GB
Available Virtual Memory120 GB
Page File Space19.0 GB
Page FileC:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode ExtensionsYes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation ExtensionsYes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in FirmwareYes
Hyper-V - Data Execution ProtectionYes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines