Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open new project (2021) in premiere pro 2019

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

There has been a bunch of tips and tricks about opening a newer version of .prproj file in earlier version of premiere pro. I've tried extracting the 2021 file with 7zip, changing the version line via notepad and then re-archiving it to open it as a premier pro file. it still ain't work. there's the so-called error: The project could not be loaded, it may be damageed or contain outdated elements.

I'm almost at my wits end, cz I've got lots of projects done in premiere 2021 and I need to open them up in 2019 as I downgraded months ago due to some technical issues with 2021.

any solution would be appreciated.
thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never tested this workaround, but there can be problems if you use a feature in 2021 that don´t exist in 2018.

Have you tried to export your project from 2021 as a Final Cut Pro XML and then imported that file in a new 2018 project? I find that convinient in most cases though it can have drawbacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for your kind response. I have never thought of exporting exporting and importing an .xml file which I have had nothing to do with so far. Although it has its own drawbacks as you also mentioned - unable to export many effects, for instance - at least it gives you the timeline so you can access the data clearly.

Twas a wise workaround, helped me a lot and I am very grateful 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines