• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Use CS6 Enore on New Computer

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer recently died and had to get a new one. All my program files the tech put on drives so I could copy over to new laptop. Unfortunately, I have reinstall programs and I am unable to use the Encore now. I did a search to get the Premiere Pro which has Encore. I installed but it asked for serial which the only one I had was the creative cloud indv one where it was orginally installed from. It won't accept the key. I have a project which was placed on hold for awhile now I am unable to open it and continue working on it. I have tried finding away to use the Encore but nothing has worked. Unfortunally I can't reproduce the project somewhere else because I can't remember what all I did in the project.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried finding away to use the Encore but nothing has worked. 

By @hasenoke

If Windows, have you tried TMPGEnc Authoring Works 7? I used Encore for everything but when it got EOL i tried other options and found that most of the things i could do in Encore can be done in TMPGEnc Authoring Works. I just finished two Blu-ray projects.

And yes, Encore does unfortunately require a serial key to be installed today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is I need some way to open my current Encore projects. Since I had put one on hold I don't remember exactly all I did it in the project. I was thinking about trying to find the software so I can buy. I have brought the new computer I am using now from Mercari and found this for sale: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m63020877163 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to get Premier/Encore CS6 to work is when you bought the program several years ago and use that serial number that came with the program.

I do not remember creative cloud issuing a serial number for Premiere/Encore.

You cannot use Encore without installing Premier CS6 first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use Encore without installing Premier CS6 first.

By @Ann Bens

OT: It is possible to install only Encore CS6 without installing Pr CS6. Just do a custom install and deselect Pr CS6. This is what i did for years, iow only installed Encore CS6 from the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem is I didn't have the installer since it was through the creative cloud indv back in 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you registered CS6, you should be able to retrieve the serial number from the Product page for your account.

To check, visit https://account.adobe.com/products.

With my use of Encore, an early version had its own serial number and later versions used the collection serial number (in my case the Master Collection).

IMG_0157.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but I only had the Creative Cloud Indiv and tried the serial and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines