• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export my project due to missing font

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to export my videos in Media Encoder they fail and the only reason I get is that I am missing the font Bebas Neue, which I have activated and am not even using in the projects. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the font, restarting my computer each time. My Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder are both completely up to date. How do I get my videos to export?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023
Try copying just the sequence to a new project

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to adobe fonts and activate Bebas Neue fonts. Thats how i sorted out my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine if you work in the cloud, but I cannot get it in my stand-alone local Premiere Pro-version. Or do I oversee something ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do have a Creative Cloud license? I'm not sure what you mean by "stand-alone local Premiere Pro-version". BTW: What version are you on? Creative Cloud allows you to access it's font library so you can download the fonts you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PP version 22.1.2 (Build 1), without CC license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still in 2023 (with latest versions) I cannot send my project to media encoder as there are missing fonts.  
The fonts are active in Creative Cloud Desktop.  They are working fine in Premiere pro, but Media Encoder throws a warning at export as the fonts are "missing" - They are not missing.  This has been going on years Adobe, PLEASE FIX IT!

EDIT - I can now add further explanation. The fonts were substituted for [SomeNonExisingFont] because the Creative Cloud Desktop app was not running one time when I started either premiere pro or media encoder.  This font substitution caused the export warning because the font was indeed missing....although it really shouldn't have been.  
I'd expect the programs to be able to resolve previously missing fonts back when Creative Cloud becomes back online.., or better yet, just keep a record of the active font offline, so this never happens in the first place. 
Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I second this. Happens to me constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kombi Life, and Ray-Man, send me a direct message by clicking on my username at the top of my post and I'll send you my email address and you can send me your Premiere project file and I'll see if I can remove the font issue.  I've seen this for a few times, but it's never stopped me from exporting...     Shouldn't be an issue that I don't have the media...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply.  I've added further context to my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having hte exact same problem to. Getting the warning that Bebas Neue font is missing, but they are all turned on and working in premrie and I'm not even using them in this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try copying just the sequence to a new project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That seems to have worked, copied the entire project into a new project and no more issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After closing out the project and reopeing it the warnings have come back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution!

I posted a few years ago. But! You have to go on the site and activate the font (yes I know sounds simple) BUT you have to scroll down past the information about the creator of the font and theres a few more styles of bebas neu you have to turn on under the creators info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Beba Neue is one persistent font... I see messages about that font also, though I'm not having export issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution!

I posted a few years ago. But! You have to go on the site and activate the font (yes I know sounds simple) BUT you have to scroll down past the information about the creator of the font and theres a few more styles of bebas neu you have to turn on under the creators info! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your solution.  don't think you have to post twice... If anyone's following the thread, they'll see your post.   what I do in a case where I'm responding to more than one post, I add their usernames to the post...    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think i've discovered a new version of this error and turning on the fonts or pasting things into a new project doesn't fix the warnings. Long problem short, I've got a mogrt that was created from a AE template that had a missing font and now the missing font is just associated with the PP project that mogrt was used in with seemingly no way to remove this association. So on export I'm getting the Beba Neue error even though every Beba Neue font is activated on my system and I think it’s because of the other ‘missing’ font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP and others in this thread do (already) have the font activated.

OP: "I am missing the font Bebas Neue, which I have activated"

James5FC9: "I'm getting the Beba Neue error even though every Beba Neue font is activated on my system "

Salvatore: " issues over exporting due to missing fonts, even though I have the font and/or didn't use it"

So, it's something beyond that. Though if someone is doing something so obviously wrong, then, yes, do activate it. But I  find the activate switch at the top of the font's page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly this issue* with this "bebas neue" font (*media encoder misses the font "BebasNeue Regular"). I'm using an "essential graphic" title which uses "bebas neue". But in the drop down you can only choose the "bold" version. So could that be an issue?! In the creative cloud app I just find "bebas neue" -> regular. Premiere uses a font, I don't have (bold) and ME misses a font I have installed (regular) 😄   .... I can export my project in Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

Found the solution, at least for me. Leave the creative cloud app running in the background. 👍👍👍

think the problem in my case was that I didn't import the fonts in PRemier Pro or AE, just installed them in the creative cloud app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your solution...   People, If you've had this issue, please let us know if this solves it... or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask if this is intended behavior? Must you have Creative Cloud open for the fonts to be correctly recognized in Premiere Pro? 

I find, that whilst this workaround does work, you need to close the project and reopen it once the creative cloud has been opened.  It would be better and more intuitive if Premiere Pro could just access the fonts installed in Creative Cloud by default, the same way other apps can access system fonts globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to work for me too. One important step is to have the Creative Cloud App open before opening Premiere. If you're Premiere project is open and then you open CC it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"your" - no edit function 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines