Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Open Projects After Updating to 12.0.1

Participant ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just updated to Premiere Pro 12.0.1 and I cannot open any projects that I was working on in version 12.0.0. It says "opening project.." and then the application CRASHES. I have no idea why. I tried clearing the preferences and nothing works.

How do I go back to 12.0.0

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

For those experiencing issues with VST3 Audio Plug-Ins, you may want to watch/follow this thread: Audition update 11.0.1.49 problems  for more information as it becomes available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AsafBlasberg,

You can reinstall version 12 from the Creative Cloud application. Let us know if you need help. Please also post your crash log, give us a link to your crash log, or PM me with details.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'm happy to report that my issue is now resolved. Here is what happened. I have an Izotope VST audio plug-in I used. When I updated, every project that used the plug-in crashed. But OTHER projects that did NOT use the plug-in did not. So as soon as I removed the plug-in, i was able to open all my projects in 12.0.1. So basically I now re-installed the plug-in and i'm good to go. Phew, that was scary

Now, I did submit my bug report regarding not getting any audio on Exporting to HDCAM Tape Deck. Can you please look at that bug and see if the engineers are working on it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks for reporting back!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reporting that I had the same issue today. However, I was able to open projects after clearing/resetting preferences. But, like you, I'm using some VST plugins, and after getting back into the project I realized a couple of the VST3 plugins I'm using (all from Izotope) were listed as 'not working'. I tried re-installing and re-scanning the plugins, but it had no effects. For the time being I went back to 12.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I did Tim:

Put the VST3 plugins from Izotope in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\VstPlugins

Then go to Prefs -> Audio Plug-in Manager -> Click on Default button -> Hit YES -> then hit Scan for Plug-ins.

Then you'll see your iZotope plug-ins' status set to Working. Check the boxes for Enabled.  Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if it's the specific plugins I'm using or what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Tim,

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully Adobe will address this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having issues with this problem. Anyone know anything new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi davidhepburn,

I branched your issue to a new discussion. I hope we can find you a solution soon. Here's the link: Cannot Open Projects After Updating to 12.0.1 (not related to VST3 plug-ins)

I also recommend that you contact our support queue and chat or work over the phone towards a solution. Here's how to contact them: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those experiencing issues with VST3 Audio Plug-Ins, you may want to watch/follow this thread: Audition update 11.0.1.49 problems  for more information as it becomes available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines