• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon Cinema RAW Light / .CRM support in PP?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe team!

I'm just wondering if there's an update on when you will be supporting Canon's .CRM Raw light codec in Premiere for the Canon c200?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael Hardinge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Hi all,

Premiere Pro CC (12.1) brings support for the Canon C200 camera. As mentioned by Manish above, you also have access to the Canon Cinema RAW Light Source Settings in the Effect Controls panel.

Thanks for your patience!
Happy editing

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 160 Replies 160
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin - I understand there being additional ways to request features, like this form your asking people to fill out - but as I am seeing it - you are all seeing everyone here with this complaint - how about you fill out the feature request form for us, and place an urgency on this form while your at it - what is the point of the forum if the support team can't take it seriously without filling out a form - the second this post started the Adobe team should have created a file, and every time another user made mention you guys should raise the priority flag on it - supporting codecs should be top priority over new features, build a team just for codec support please. You guys are asking me for my money on time every month, i have switched my camera system over to 3 Canon C200's and my workflow is almost to a halt because of this oversight of importance on your part.

If I do not see an update in the next couple weeks I will be seriously out of time (I may have to finally learn another software) - I can not afford this many hard drives to convert these files for every job - each music video I shoot which is only 500GB on the Cfast card, is converting to me buying a 8 TB hard drive full of DPX files - PLEASE address this now !!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we users would like and how that rather large company actually works are not always the same. Kevin is in Product Support, NOT development. He of course has communications with development but that ain't his bailiwick.

Adobe likes to gauge the user interest by how many of those reports are filed by users. That's their model. None of the product support managers can change that, it's a company wide model. From previous comments he's posted on this forum, Kevin can and does routinely pass on what he sees and "hears" here. He's an editor & colorist of note in his own right, and has been even a certified trainer of FCP back what ... maybe FCP3/4 era? So from several years of talking to him at NAB, yea, he does know user frustrations from a user point of view.

He's just one dude in a major international company though. And from several years of using the Adobe DVA apps, we'll get the 'drops' like an update that includes the CRM support when they drop. More reports filed does mean that any one thing pops up on the list of user interest more often than other things, and there's always other things on the list.

For your workflow, CRM support is a MASSIVE need at the moment. Others go no, I need X! There's a need for better RED files support also ... and all CinemaDNG's. And ... I'm sure on and on and on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's all send those Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Really need the .CRM files support in Adobe Premiere CC ASAP ! Tired of waiting and paying each month without this feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing it every month....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe think for their professional users?

Hey now!  It took a lot of time and effort for Adobe to add support for cell phone footage.  You wouldn't want there to be a shortage of cat videos on YouTube, would you?  WOULD YOU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, now ... that's just being catty ... 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not believe it, disappointing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not believe it, disappointing

Sorry about that. Please file your disappointment with the product team in the form of a feature request.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's one lazy bunch of product team at Adobe.... One deeply disappointed long time customer here at this point. Just makes me sad. But no time to cry about it, going to check new Final Cut out soon and probably switching my NLE platform for more faster and better supported Apple product... I feel that on the Windows side many people are going for Resolve because of this same issue.

I personally think Adobe is nowadays in the market purely for losing customers, as .CRL support missing is just the top of a mountain regarding all the problems and shortcomings of your once great product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all lazy ... there's not as many as you'd think, and they're tackling a lot of stuff. Just not going after this codec as quickly as you and a bunch of others would like. I think they really should amp up support for this and also some of the Arri, RED, and Sony rigs that have media format issues also. Ah well.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello honeytoe,

• Well that's one lazy bunch of product team at Adobe....
  • One deeply disappointed long time customer here at this point.
  • Just makes me sad.
  • I personally think Adobe is nowadays in the market purely for losing customers
  • Just the top of a mountain regarding all the problems and shortcomings of your once great product

We who monitor forums are in support and can do nothing to address shortcomings or how you feel about the product. Please file a feature request so that the developers will hear your voice.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure they're working on it? Because I can understand that there should be some other priorities, but it's almost 6 months since the release of this camera, and more than 8 months since Canon announced it. I think that a serious company should consider this feature as a priority after such a long time. Adobe simply shows us that, despite being one of the fastest to ask us money for a subscription plan, is the last one to release the support for Canon RAW Light. The support for the RAW is available in Apple (!!!) Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve 14 (since the beta 7 months ago).

Great Adobe. Go on like this... I hope they are waiting just to surprise us with some fantastic feature, like support "morethan8bitcolorcorrection" or maybe a serious color correction software after the departure of Speedgrade.

+1 for the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GarbageMatte,

• I think that a serious company should consider this feature as a priority after such a long time.
  • Despite being one of the fastest to ask us money for a subscription plan, is the last one to release the support for Canon RAW Light.
  • Support for the RAW is available in Apple (!!!) Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve 14
  • Great Adobe. Go on like this...
  • I hope they are waiting just to surprise us with some fantastic feature
  • maybe a serious color correction software after the departure of Speedgrade.
  • +1 for the request.

We're just in support, so we can do nothing to further your cause. I understand the need to vent, and we do understand your frustration, but this does very little for your case unless you file a feature request. Thanks in advance for doing so.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to add Canon C200 Cinema Raw Lite (.CRM) support for Premiere. It's way past time this was natively supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 months after release.... sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Adobe - long time user here who employs folks who use Premiere - really hoping you can get the Canon Cinema Raw Light compatibility into the next release. While we don't mind using Canon's RAW development, it's obviously not optimal. Thanks for hearing our voices!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Very upsetting to say the least, working on a big project with TB of footage, we turned yellow when we discovered that error message. Can you please tell me if we can hope a update soon, I mean this very coming days?

Thank you, and please let us know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolve 14.3 does offer limited support for the footage.  You can import it and edit it, you just don't have full access to the RAW controls as of yet.

DaVinci Resolve | Blackmagic Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe really takes note of how many people are renting/buying the Canon C200 and wanting .CRM support.

I rented a C200 the weekend before last without (unfortunately) doing a ton of codec/workflow research. I came to find that the 4k RAW Light I shot had to be transcoded into 4k DPX 10 bit (I don't have a Mac with which to transcode into Prores). That turned the 500 GB of .CRM footage I shot into 4 TB of DPX 10 bit (it would have been over 5 TB if I had gone 16 bit). Then I had the painful experience of importing DPX into Premiere and organizing it all in Assembly.

Let's just say that Adobe could make a lot of Canon cinema folks very happy by having .CRM support guaranteed in the next update. If it's not there I'll probably finally switch over to Resolve. I don't want to, but I really like the C200 and need less headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'd have chosen a high setting Cineform or DNxHR over DPX, if you would have used ProRes if available. ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only had DPX and AES available. I’m on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have both Cineform and DNxHD/R on a PC. GoPro owns Cineform and does not charge for it, neither does the owner of DNxHD/R.

What did you use for the transcoding?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines