• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon Cinema RAW Light / .CRM support in PP?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe team!

I'm just wondering if there's an update on when you will be supporting Canon's .CRM Raw light codec in Premiere for the Canon c200?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael Hardinge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Hi all,

Premiere Pro CC (12.1) brings support for the Canon C200 camera. As mentioned by Manish above, you also have access to the Canon Cinema RAW Light Source Settings in the Effect Controls panel.

Thanks for your patience!
Happy editing

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 160 Replies 160
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim - I am very interested in the book without this interaction, but it just sucks to be trolled twice by a copy and paste ad for a book when you're just looking for some answers from other humans on a few commands.  I concede that the book may or may not be great, but please understand that this form of advertising - whether paid or just referral - is not helpful.  Sorta feels like those friends who invite you over for dinner only to have them talk about a great opportunity with Amway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this form of advertising - whether paid or just referral - is not helpful. 

There's been no advertising on my part at all.  My only relation to that book is customer and fan.  I recommend it because it's helpful.

Whenever I copy/paste, it's because the same answer is relevant to more than one question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it's a good book. Mr. Saccone is my former manager at Apple on Final Cut Pro documentation. A very smart individual and a great demo guy.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought he did an excellent job of teaching the basics.  If you still have a comm line with him, try to tap him for a Premiere Pro book.  I'm sure it would be an equally invaluable resource for those new to Adobe editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to hear. He works for BMD, so I don't think it would work out with a Premiere Pro book at this time, IMO. I'll give him your feedback, though, when I see him at NAB.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Tell him "thanks" for me.  The book was a huge help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can say very very happily that the latest version of PP supports C200 RAW light files!! I can finally start using PP again for my full workflow. Thanks Adobe guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been quietly following this thread, waiting for something to happen for my new C200. Just downloaded 12.1 and HUZZAH. Works well - better than my ursa mini pro raw footage did (from a speed standpoint). Being able to adjust those few raw fields makes it even better! Thanks SO MUCH ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Premiere Pro CC (12.1) brings support for the Canon C200 camera. As mentioned by Manish above, you also have access to the Canon Cinema RAW Light Source Settings in the Effect Controls panel.

Thanks for your patience!
Happy editing

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Team Adobe. The update is very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s cool that they’ve updated Premiere to accomodate .CRM files a year after the C200 was announced. But I’ve had six crashes so far after updating and opening up a new project with my Resolve XML file. Premiere is an incredibly cumbersome and badly-coded program in comparison to Resolve. I haven’t had a single crash since I’ve been using it and it eats up half the resources most of the time.

I’m not getting paid to say this shit either. It’s  disappointing. I used to really like Adobe. Now I’m basically keeping my CC subscription for Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines