• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption Track height

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I adjust the Caption track height. It appears half size and I can't do anything to make it appear as it's normal height! Is it a bug?

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens   Thank you but it didn't work. this is a bug issue or I don't know what it is! I still see the caption layer half normal size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were a bug more users would have reported it.

How large is your screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen is 27inch imac/Mojave. Now in toher computers it is working just fine. I tried to hide caption layer and show it again it worked I can see the layer height correctly. But then again couldn't get the result with teh same procedure. Trash was reset using Alt+shift when launching the app, deleted all preferences, etc. So, not sure why. Anyway, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is not your "track height" as much as the text size in the caption segments. But I can't find any way to make the text size in the segment in the timeline anything other than "regular." Very odd.

And yes, the Caption tracks have no adjustments for height or ven the subtitles section.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can adjust the Caption track height by holding Shift or Option/Alt and scrolling with the mouse wheel. See if one or two clicks on the wheel restores the original size of the Captions track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is an issue with the track height and font size. You can alt+scroll but its not ideal.

AnnBens_0-1633100066597.png

AnnBens_2-1633100099765.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learn someting new every day. And yes, Ann, these track height adjustments do affect the font size of the text in the timeline segment box.

Alt-scroll appears to affect a single track. Shift-scroll appears to affect all tracks equally. 

If the timeline panel is "short" enough relative to the number of caption tracks, a scroll bar does appear. It overlaps these functions. Not quite sure.

I now assume, as I think you do, Ann, that Carlo accidentally discovered this adjustment!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know all about adjusting the track height. BUT IT IS NOT ADJUSTING that is the problem. anyway I found a solution to the problem as I mentioned earlier, so it's fine. But not counter intuitive. take care ya all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to click show all track then adjust. 

Vincent24856319od3d_0-1655190632833.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've been looking a lot this command! It stayed on my neck that small subtitle track!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this:
Add more caption tarck,(e.g. 4 tracks), You will get more space for tracks
Resize caption tracks alt+scroll in header area
Delete the caption tracks, just leaving one.

It could be easier if you hit ` (grave) key to enlarge selected panel (in this case timeline panel). Hit again to resize to a normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEEEEEES ! (SOLVED)
Create new caption tracks and use ALT to mouse-scroll on the track that you wish to scale and you will get readable captions thumbnails. Oh this one was turning my head in. I those of you searching found this post quickly to alleviate you from the agony lol. Happy editing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all very much for finding a workaround.
This is obviously a mistake in UI programming and it should be addressed by Adobe. 
First: the subtitle tracks should have an area that's fully adjustable in height.
Second: no one needs crazy keyboard/mouse combos to resize single tracks: you've already got a working method in your video/audio tracks, just use that one.
I don't have time to submit a bug report yet, but I'll get to it eventually. Right now editing in somewhat frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderators - consider moving this post to "Bugs".

(In spite of the fact that it is 3 years old, it seems highly likely no one from Adobe has given it any attention.)

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines