• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017: An unknown error occurred while opening the project.

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple days ago I spent all day editing a project. It's about 10 minutes long and consists of all iPhone videos - various frame rates and resolutions. It came out great and I closed the project for the night. The next day I came back and tried to open the project and after the loading bar completes, I get the error: An unknown error has occurred while opening the project. Other projects open normally. New projects open normally. But this one does not. I am so upset and frustrated about the lost work.

I went to my recent auto saves and they give me the same error. If I go way back in the auto saves, they will open normally but that was before many hours of additional work on the edit.

I made a new project and tried to import the old project and I get the error: The importer reported a generic error.

I used Media Browser to view the project and the window where I should see everything is blank, even after the loading bar finishes.

I used Project Repair from Digital Rebellion's Pro Maintenance Tools which thinks it has repaired the project, but I get the same error when trying to open it.

I used CS Repair from Digital Rebellion's Pro Maintenance Tools to trash Premiere preferences. No help either.

I googled the error message endlessly and although the same question has been asked, none of them got an answer.

Please advise.

Premiere 2017.0.1

macOS Sierra 10.12

2012 Mac Pro 12 core 2.4GHz

Nvidia GTX 780 6GB

32GB RAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 234 Replies 234
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iraa,

You can contact users via Private Message. Just click on their name to reach their profile name and send it from there.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found any answers yet? The link to download the broken project is above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happened to me.  My PC crashed while I was busy editing. After restarting my PC something are very wrong. All my previous project is not on start up page and when i go to their saved folder to open, after clicking it gives me the following message: An unknown error occured while opening the project. !!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! Anyone with a solution to this? I lost like 5 weddings i am busy with!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks man! We're going to keep this thread alive as long as Adobe is ignoring this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohsenagha,

can't see any file, did you attach anything?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but check this again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqf11jbhw93rtqr/Nature%20Edit%20Fixed.prproj?dl=0

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017, Weirdweisz <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do a screen capture next time you fix a project for someone? Just post it on YouTube and then you don't have to be the world's sole source for fixing this lame Adobe bug. I would love to mark this thread answered!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohsenagha,

amazing, works perfectly, didn't even have to relink. Can you please let us know how to fix these XML files? Like drking2020 said, maybe do a screenshot of the lines that you had to correct, that would be so helpful, so that we can next time do this ourselves and don't have to bug you with it 🙂

Thank so much, total savior. I can't believe adobe can't fix this themselves. Crazy.

Best,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok dear friends.

I will tell you how to fix this problem.

But by now I'm away from home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACT same problem here!!! Waiting with baited breath for more 411 from our community guru, Mohsenagha!! 

Was unable to find this thread previously, so opened my own question (for more 411 on my issue):

If anyone else has figured out how to extract the damaged code in the XML editor, please share-

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eriswea what is this "411"? Is it an idiom?

What it means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

411 = info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where it comes from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're over 30 and raised in the U.S. you will probably know. Back in the day, you would pick up the phone and dial 411 to call "information", a live operator who would connect you to the phone number you were looking for. Pre-internet days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting.

​Oh, Such a great days.

Thanks​ for your 411 about 411

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi drking2020,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

Other projects open normally. New projects open normally. But this one does not. I am so upset and frustrated about the lost work.

It looks as though you've got a corrupt project file on your hands. Can you check your Creative Cloud folder for a backup project there?

Do you have any project backups besides the corrupt ones in your Auto Save folder? If not, that's not good news. You'd have to begin your project from the last working backup. If you have no working backups, you have to start building a new project from scratch. Sorry to say.

If not, that's not good news. You'd have to begin your project from the last working backup. If you have no working backups, you have to start building a new project from scratch. Sorry to say.

The general advice from many editors is to duplicate your project and save it to the cloud each day. That way, you always have a safety backup.

If we can assist you in any way, please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mohsenagha!!

Please, could you help me with this project?

THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!

Dropbox - KG - Video.prproj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that your project file is healthy and has no problem at all , but

now I'm away from my pc so I can't check your project with premiere.

Can you explain your problem a bit more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsenagha

My wedding project is corrupt too...it is about 80mb. Can you help please?

Will honestly appreciate, my client is waiting for it in 3 days time!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload it.

I will do my best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mohsenagha!!

The man with the knowledge. We have had the same issue with a project.

I have read through everything on this entire thread and tried every suggestion but ultimately nothing resolves it and you appear to have the key.

Could you please take a look at this project file and let me know what the issue might be?

I can post it here if you're up for helping?

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course.

Post the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing thank you.

Here is the link: https://we.tl/5sZJigH4t7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Alex your file is very big(over 2 Million Lines of codes) and It takes

me time to recover it.

So be patient.

But if you in a hurry PM me.

Thanks

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:57 PM, alexb8113711 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your link has been expired.

Please send me a new link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines