• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP panel suddenly stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Premiere Pro stopped running any CEP panel..
i ve developed my custom panel from the ProPanel example i found around here, 

suddenly on friday, after monhts of development, they stopped working
It shows up in the menu Window > Extensions > but nothing happens when i click on it. 😞 

I tried reverting to older versions, i have at least 10 older versions to my panel that i have been writingfor the past few months but none of them work. 

I reduced the panel to a basic 'hello world' with no functions or  NOTHING at all.
Still not working... I asked my coworkers to test it and it still works on their computers.
I tried reinstalling premier pro, then the whole creative cloud... and nothing changed

i have no idea what going on, pls help!! 
ps.: extensions are authd with the command 

defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.9.plist PlayerDebugMode 1

Thank you in advance, 

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

> Suddenly on Friday...

What changed about your system configuration, on Thursday? 🙂

The behavior you've described is 100% consistent with PlayerDebugMode not being enabled for the version of CEP in use by PPro. 

Did you recently upgrade from an old version of PPro, on that system? PPro 24.x ships with CEP11, so you'd need to enable debug mode like so (and then relaunch Finder):

defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.11.plist PlayerDebugMode 1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Suddenly on Friday...

What changed about your system configuration, on Thursday? 🙂

The behavior you've described is 100% consistent with PlayerDebugMode not being enabled for the version of CEP in use by PPro. 

Did you recently upgrade from an old version of PPro, on that system? PPro 24.x ships with CEP11, so you'd need to enable debug mode like so (and then relaunch Finder):

defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.11.plist PlayerDebugMode 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah its definately something related to that authorziation of the unsigned extensions

Sorry i had the command wrong in the first post 
ive use the command suggested in the documentation of the PPro Panel 
https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/master/PProPanel/ReadMe.md
Which is 

defaults write /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.11.plist PlayerDebugMode 1

But it definately behaves as if i has never been authorized
Shows in the extensions list but doesnt open up 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to this issue will be in figuring out what changed on your system, between Thursday and Friday. 

Did you upgrade PPro? [Related question: Do you have Creative Cloud Desktop set to automatically update apps?]

You also mention trying other extensions, so I wanted to confirm; does PProPanel show up correctly, once you've enabled PlayerDebugMode for CEP11 and (important!) restarted Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing was updated during those, days, not that i can remember, 
Thou im getting a msg i didnt get before while doing the 

defaults write /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.11.plist PlayerDebugMode 1

BEFORE i was able to do it without the need for 'sudo'
now, if i dont sudo the command i get 

2024-07-29 14:24:04.578 defaults[13398:123690] Could not write domain /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.11.plist; exiting

It all seems very strange, im about to loose my mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That suggests you are trying to make that change, from within an OS user account that is not an admin of that machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup true!! But i do have admin rights, and managed to succesfully run the auth command with sudo, 
the behaviour is still the same, i cant believe im going to have to go to IT to get my  computer formatted to get rid of this weird bug!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't said whether the PProPanel example panel, loads successfully...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noup im afraid that one doesnt work either  😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bruce! I've tried downloading this other PPro Panel based extension called "Sortinator"
As you can see in the video, this one launches perfectly, with no issues,
Idk, it adds to the mistery. =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any other ideas Bruce? pls i need help on this

im all ears 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None, sorry.

if an unmodified PProPanel fails to load, then PlayerDebugMode is not properly configured on your system.

you say you have enabled it for CEP 11; if, after restarting your system, the panels still do not load, that would be the first instance of such a failure since CEP support began in 2013.

in desperation, I might try deleting all CSXS-related .plist files, rebooting for luck, then setting PlayerDebugMode again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached a video with what im dealing with, tomorrow im going to take my mac book to the IT department,
but im sure they wont know what to do and suggest i do a format/reset of the OS
but i want to exhaust all options before doing that 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sorry i do have the auto-updates ON in my CreativeCloud app,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines