• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing load screen on Premiere 24.0

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I change the art on the landing screen of Premiere 24.0? I find the portrait creepy, like a stalker would stare at someone. Not making me feel creative...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Yes you can, do it all the time. But after an update its back to default.

Look for the pr slash screen png in the PNG folder in the root and change the image.

pr_splash@3to2x.png

Last few splash screens were awful. Don't like this one of 24.0 either.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community ideas">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it can't be changed by the user.

Edit: See the reply by .Ann Bens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can, do it all the time. But after an update its back to default.

Look for the pr slash screen png in the PNG folder in the root and change the image.

pr_splash@3to2x.png

Last few splash screens were awful. Don't like this one of 24.0 either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, Ann Bens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the path on a Mac, Ann? I can't seem to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ON A MAC:
-right click on Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2024/Adobe Premiere Pro 2024 and choose "show package contents"

-find Contents/Frameworks/Frontend.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/png/pr_splash.png

-edit this png as you like and save it replacing the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bear in mind that Premiere might also use pr_splash@2x.png and pr_splash@3to2x.png based on the resolution of your screen so you might wanna change those too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Mike, Peru B and especially Ann for the solution.

I had actually started to write a thread like this a couple weeks ago, and then skipped it. This is the weirdest, creepiest splash screen of all time!! I've actually gotten used to diverting my eyes when this one pops up.

If Ann doesn't know a solution, there probably isn't one. 

Just after my first car wash on a Euro delivery in 2005, and then heading up to Neuschwanstein Castle

MyerPj_0-1699472860429.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea where to find a gallery for every work of art used as splash screens for every version of premiere pro any one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the full folder for Windows:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2024\PNG

Or just search your hard-drive for: pr_splash.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...my search for pr_splash.png gives no hits on my drive. I searched the entire drive, and then the program "Contents" folder, in case that isn't indexed, but I couldn't find  the file, or anything like it.

Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe just try pr_splash, ie: without the ".png", perhaps they use a different format on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, tried that too... and even tried all files with splash. No likely suspects 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's got to be a way to disable this, right?  

The dude (dudette?) is creeping me out.  I'm sure whoever it is is a nice person and deserves some recognition, and I know in the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal, but there's something about this image and the eye contact that I find unsettling.  

I don't like clowns.  This is like clowns for me.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 11.45.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there's multiple posts already addressing this issue and a solution seems doable for Windows, but how about OSX?  Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Reddit user "Perplessio," I've been able to create my own Splash Screen for Premiere on Mac. Very thankful!

This is how... 

-right click on Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2023/Adobe Premiere Pro 2023 and choose "show package contents"

-find Contents/Frameworks/Frontend.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/png/pr_splash.png

-edit this png as you like and save it replacing the original file.

Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frameworks/Frontend.framework/ ain't there on 2024 version.  Will keep poking around though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's hidden? Try this...

1. Press Command + Shift + . (the period key). This will show hidden files in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it at /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2024/Adobe Premiere Pro 2024.app/Contents/Frameworks/Frontend.framework/Versions/A/Resources/png

There's 3:

pr_splash.png; pr_splash@2x.png  and pr_splash@3to2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  upgraded to V24, took one look at the splash screen and immediately down graded back to V23. I'd truly rather wait until V25 comes out than be greated every morning by a moody glamour shot. It really irks me that much! Human faces on splash screens give me the creeps. It takes me out of the moment. The day I can easily change or disable the splash screen image on a Mac, will be a very happy day.  I feel the same way about Resolve btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 3.42.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you prefer the 2023 splash screen you can simply copy and past into the same 2024 folder, and replace the new with the old. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So keep the new files handy, as each update (via Creative Cloud) will replace also the Splash screen, and then you'll copy it back into the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines