Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing resolution of a video and consequence on the audio

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone 🙂 

I'm here to ask help. I was changing the resolution of my rushes for a 25 fps resolution when suddenly and for the first time, the quality of the audio changed. It has started to sound lower since then. The orginal resolution of my videos was 29,7 fps. So my question is : can I do something to fix this ? Or is the problem not resolvable ? 
thanks in advance 

aure :))

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Resolution' is how big the image is: eg. 1920x1080 or 720x576 etc.

It sounds like you've changed the 'Frame-rate'. Why do you need to change the frame-rate? This will help us give you an appropriate answer, there is no correct way for every situation.

Did you do this by going to the Modify Clip menu and interpret the footage at the new frame-rate? If yes, then your clip is playing back slower than the original (25fps insetad of 29.97fps) so the audio will have a lower pitch.

Instead of using the interpret method, you could select the clips on your timeline and choose Speed / Duration. Then change the speed to 83.4% and check the 'Maintain audio pitch' box.

Again, let us know why you're changing the frame-rate because we might have a different answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

Firstly thank you for your answer. I need the to change the frame-rate because I don't want to see the difference between all my clips once the whole video montage done (I didn't film every clip with the same material so the frame-rate is not the same everywhere). 

I did change the frame rate by modifying directly in the list where all my selected videos, the frame-rate. I hope I'm clear and concise in my explanations.

Thank you in advance, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines