Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed caption turns purple

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Today I made some closed caption for the first time in Premiere Pro.

But when I exported them as a '.srt'-file they showed up purple in my vlc-player even when the 'text color' says white.

Anybody familiar with this problem? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 22.51.53.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 23.03.20.png

[Moved from the Forum comments forum (which is for issues with these forums themselves) and into a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi There Sharil - When you open up the .SRT file (If you are on a MAC, you can open a .SRT file with TextEdit or TextWrangler. On a PC, you can open a .SRT with WordPad. ), do you have an HTML detailing the font color?

Does it look something like this (see image below)? If so, you can try removing the HTML and saving it. Strange that the HTML would be there if you rendered them white in Premiere Pro. Keep me posted!

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.17.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VLC lets you adjust how captions look. See if it's specifying the color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to adjust the color but nothing happens. I can change the size, the outline thickness, background color,... but nothing changes when I try to adjust the color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There Sharil - When you open up the .SRT file (If you are on a MAC, you can open a .SRT file with TextEdit or TextWrangler. On a PC, you can open a .SRT with WordPad. ), do you have an HTML detailing the font color?

Does it look something like this (see image below)? If so, you can try removing the HTML and saving it. Strange that the HTML would be there if you rendered them white in Premiere Pro. Keep me posted!

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.17.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Premieregal,

It worked! Thank you so much for your help, you made my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines