Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Grade Changing while playing or scrubbing footage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've got a weird problem hapening in Premiere version 23.0.0 (Build 63)

Computer is a PC

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KS 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
Nvidia 3080 Card

Colour grading SLog 3 footage, whenever I scrub the timeline or press play, the grade changes. Scopes shift and everything gains contrast and saturation.

I've tried removing media cache files, restarting, using a different grade (tried with and without a LUT) but no fix as of yet. Some files have proxies which are turned off, others don't and both seem to be having the issue.

First frame is the playhead not moving.

Screen Shot not Playing.png

Second shot is the playhead scrubbing  

Screen Shot Playing.png

The IRE vlaues shift as does the playback image leading to one very confused grade.

Any fixes or advice would be appreciated.

JK

 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JK, 

Getting more information about this would be helpful. Please take a look at the How do I write a bug report? post and follow the suggestions there. (In this case, particularly regarding the video format you're using.)

Thanks,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the actual reply here on the forum but the drama seems to be in the playback resolution scaling. Some helpful soul solved it.

It was scaled to half and the adaptive resolution was causing colour shift and exposure drop.

A bit more information about the project:
Video codec: Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 10 bit 4:2:2

Single cam seqence REC.709 4096x1716

Issue seems to start after turning the playback resolution scale on and playing the clips had the same issue.

No difference if the clip had a lumetri effect or  not.

Turning the scaling back to full resolved the issue.

JK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is to right click the program monitor and check "High Quality Playback." This problem agrravated me for months before I found someone recommend it on Reddit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved the issue for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that's the answer ... making sure the Program monitor is set to High Quality Playback. It does complete image processing of everything with that setting. Lower settings are there for when you need to cut back on computer resource demands to get smoother playback. But don't need the full image Q.

Stringing selects, doing trims, that sort of thing don't need full on high IQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines