• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Common location for a plug in installer / Media Encoder Plugin Loading.log ?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a problem loading a plugin from After Effects and Media Encoder with Premiere not installed:

1. From the After Effects SDK guideline I read that "Installing your plug-ins in the common location will allow them to be loaded by Premiere Pro, if installed."

I am creating a Premiere Import plugin, which if I understood correctly should work on After Effects too. Now here is my question: will After Effects and Media Encoder look in the "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/" folder even if Premiere is not installed? If not, when writing an installer, should I put a copy of the plugin in both After Effects and Media Encoder plugin folders too?

2. is there a plugin loading log for Media Encoder? I can locate the ones for After Effects and Premiere, but not the one from Media Encoder.

Thank you for any help,

S.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Simone,

Yes, After Effects and Media Encoder will still use plug-ins from that folder even if Premiere isn't installed.

I'm not aware of a plug-in loading log for Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines