• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content will not fit on a Blu-Ray disk

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The production I put together in encore will not fit on a blu-ray disk . It says it needs 180 more mb.

What can I do to fix this without changing the content?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, you adjust the bitrate when you export from the editing app. How did you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know I should have done it in the editing software, but is there way to do it Encore. I'm trying not to have to do the whole project over in Encore . I thought Encore  would automatically  make it fit on a blue ray disk. Another thing is that the video file says its  untranscoded . The Blu ray Transcode says dont transcode, what should I pick for transcode? What is long form Mpeg-2?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see  your response in email, but it is not posted here yet. If the file was BD legal, Encore shows it as "do not transcode" in the BD Transcode Status Column. You can change the transcode setting for the video file to automatic and Encore will (probably) fit it. (Sometimes it doesn't work.)

However, Encore will be re-transcoding your file, so you get generation loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see all of your response now. If it shows as untranscoded, then just change the transcode setting to automatic (and make sure you default is set to your preference: h.264 of MPEG2 Blu-ray).

Your best quality workflow is to get the bitrate set before bringing into Encore. If the file you imported is an intermediate master, that will also work.

You can also use replace asset. Reexport the file, then use replace asset, and you don' t have to redo the Encore links, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK , now I have another problem . When I burned it to a blue ray disk and play it on my blue ray player and go to my slide show the audio timing I had for the slides is not the same as when I preview in Encore. the timing is off by about 20 seconds. Is this the fault of my blue ray player or encore. the audio timing of the music is very important . Thanks for the help.MikeSent from my Galaxy Tab® S2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mikep5214861 wrote:

OK , now I have another problem . When I burned it to a blue ray disk and play it on my blue ray player and go to my slide show the audio timing I had for the slides is not the same as when I preview in Encore. the timing is off by about 20 seconds. Is this the fault of my blue ray player or encore. the audio timing of the music is very important .Thanks for the help.MikeSent from my Galaxy Tab® S2

Hi Mike.

Without seeing how your system is set up it is very hard to say - 20 seconds is a lot of time, so it is unlikely to be caused by system latency and the problem is probably elsewhere. How are you creating the slideshow please? I ask because I would recommend doing this in Premiere Pro and not Encore, and outputting the edited show as Blu-ray legal elementary streams and definitely *not* doing this in Encore, which should be treated as an assembly tool, not an editor for best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines