• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste onto same track

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that's always slightly bugged me having moved from FCP7 to Premiere is that when you paste a clip into your timeline the clip lands on whichever track has the track targeting highlighted. If more than one track has track targeting on (including the one you're copying from) then it will paste it into the lowest track with it on. Mostly it's really, really annoying to have to remember to turn off track targeting before hitting paste because more often than not I put things on specific tracks for a reason (b-roll on V2, graphics on V3 for example).

Back in FCP it would ignore track targeting unless you specifically change it before hitting paste. This strikes me as much more logical. I'd love a preference for this.

Does anyone else feel like this is a problem? I'm sure I'm in the minority because most people will just have got used to the way Premiere works, but even after 5/6 years of using Premiere I'm still struggling to change that very deeply ingrained FCP muscle memory.

I'll post a feature request as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hi Alex Elkins,

Create a feature request here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex Elkins,

Create a feature request here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, already done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. There should be an option to make it paste to the same track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

100% with you on this, it's very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been implemented it seems for copy paste, but they forgot to implement it for insert-paste!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines