Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying between timelines

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey y'all,

When I cull my footage I like to cut clips to a timeline of clip selections and pull from it when developing my main sequence. My footage is all shot in 59.94.  When I slow down a clip on the 23.976 "clip selections" sequence up to 40% it looks great, no problem. When I copy a slowed down clip from this sequence to my main sequence that is also 23.976, it plays back choppy as if it is now interpretting the clip as 23.976 footage on a 23.976 timeline and therefore unable to be slowed down with smooth motion.

Is this how premiere is supposed to handle this? I feel like this wasn't always an issue for me.  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow-up: I've tried putting my clip selections timeline in 59.94fps, removing speed changes and copying to my 23.976 timline and it's yielding the same results when I slow down a clip. 

Now what's really making me scratch my head is I've tried pulling the clip directly from the media bin to my main sequence and it still plays back slowed down clips choppy. The sequence settings of my main sequence and clip selection timelines are identical aside from frame size. I have my main sequence setup in a 2:35 ratio at 3840 x 1634. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

issue seems to be isolated to the program monitor. when played back in the source monitor slow motion plays smoothly. export looks good too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The source monitor plays back at source video frame rate.

The program monitor plays back at the Sequence frame rate.(conforms whatever frame rate to seq. frame rate)

It is always best practice to have your sequence frame rate matching your video frame rate.

The same applies to export settings.

For slow motion go to clip speed and use Optical Flow if you have enough high quality footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines