Copied

does this happen to you as well?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PR are you using?

I don't think there are other reports of this. Do you get a "send error report" message?

You are typing captions using the caption workflow, not a graphics template? Typing in the Text Panel or the Program Monitor?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 (my premiere automatically updates)

I'm talking about the new yellow caption segments in the caption track. Not all the time, but significant amount of times, it crashes when I start typing my captions. The process of typing captions is sluggish in general. Used to happen in my windows laptop, now it happens again in my new Macbook. So I figured it must be an Adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we’re sorry about this. Can you let us know more about what’s happening? Are there any specific error codes or messages?

Let us know, we’re here to help!

Thanks.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None. it just stops responding. In Windows, i can see in task manager it says "not responding"

to be clear, what I mean is "caption segment" - the new yellow clips in the caption track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just crashed again now. twice today (Macbook M1). both times, the autosave runs while I'm typing in the caption. it just freezes with no error report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Luisa. So you create a caption segment (the plus in the Text Panel, Captions Tab?)? And you start typing the text panel or the Program Monitor? And autosave triggers and freeze?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. The Autosave triggers the freeze. At least, that's what I observed so far.

Yes, the plus sign in the text pannel. but now i just use a personal shortcut. i dont think it matters how I create a new clip - it has happened either way. It's always because autosave runs while I'm typing.

Also, the caption segment feature always feels sluggish. Not all the time but it lags - delay between the time that I type, and the time that the letter appears on the monitor. Happens both in Windows and my Macbook M1. Thank you Stan for looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines