Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Marker missing frames by tiny fraction

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to move all existing markers in my Sequence by exactly 2 frames to the right.

Each individual frame is incremented by 0.04170833333333 (time in seconds) from previous frame. (my video is 23.976 fps)

So I tried to add 2 Frames worth of value 0.04170833333333. i.e., 0.08341666666666 to each marker; and create new markers and remove old markers.

It worked for most of the frames. Most markers are moved by 2 frames.

BUT some markers have only moved by 1 frame.

They failed to move because of a very tiniest fraction difference.

Can anyone help, how to fix this.

Example:

A marker at 00:33:16:06  (in frames) whose start.seconds value is 1998.24625. I want to advance this marker by 2 frames.

If I add 2 frames worth of time in seconds to 1998.24625, it becomes 1998.32966666666.

When I create a marker, using markers.createMarker (1998.32966666666), method, its only advanced to 00:33:16:07 (in frames) instead of 00:33:16:08 (in frames)

So I have added a new frame manually at 00:33:16:08 and checked its time in seconds which came to 1998.32966666667.

This means a new frame move is missed by 0.0000000001 difference.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Just to double check: With the change proposed by Trevor_Asq, you're now getting the desired result; but when you close and re-open the sequence, (project is kept open and not saved) the marker's positions are back to their old values?

What changes if

a) you save the project before closing the sequence?

b) you close the sequence, save the project, and re-open the sequence?

c) you close the project (keep sequence open) -- are you being prompted to save changes? What happens when you re-open the proje

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your maths might be wrong, my iphone calculator gives 1/23.976 as 0.041708375041708.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems working. Thanks Trevor_Asq.

However the changes made by script execution are not saving.

I mean the markers are moving. But when I reopen the Sequence, the changes are gone.

Why are the changes not committing ? Is there any script statement that need to be added to save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to double check: With the change proposed by Trevor_Asq, you're now getting the desired result; but when you close and re-open the sequence, (project is kept open and not saved) the marker's positions are back to their old values?

What changes if

a) you save the project before closing the sequence?

b) you close the sequence, save the project, and re-open the sequence?

c) you close the project (keep sequence open) -- are you being prompted to save changes? What happens when you re-open the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello e.d & Bruce

The sequence is saving correctly now.

However, all my efforts are simply to find the root cause of my ORIGINAL PROBLEM  and then fix it.

Problem:

I made markers earlier in video sequences using PPro 12.0.0.

Let say I made markers at 00:00:00:00, 00:01:00:00, 00:02:00:00, 00:03:00:00, 00:04:00:00 etc.. which may represent cuts at shot boundaries or chapters in my Video.

Now, after upgrading the Software, to 12.0.1 or 12.0.2, the maker positions and timings REMAIN SAME.

BUT the markers are not showing the same video frames as before. The video frames under the markers are either OFF by 2 frames left or right.

Solution:???

To solve this, I'm trying to write a program to move all the markers by 2 frames, to fit into original frame positions.

So far not  successful (completely).

I hope I'm able to explain my problem.

The main question is WHY ARE THE MARKERS OFF and not showing the same video frames as before.

Is there are simple solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any Solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why the changes aren't being saved; could you post the actual code that fails? Related: PProPanel's marker manipulation works correctly, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines