Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 SDK: Exporter fields & buttons

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm implementing an exporter for CS5 with the new SDK. I had a question about custom presets. I have a set up where a single exporter will support multiple file formats and multiple presets each. It will use external resources for compression, so I need as simple UI for exporter as I can get. Right now there is only one prest - "Custom". I attached debugger to the plugin, but when I select Preset dropdown in the exporter window, Premiere doesn't even go into exporter plugin. So, I can't find out how to load my values into Preset field (for example, i can start with simple strings for preset names - "Preset 1", "Preset 2", etc.) Also, I have a few exporter interface questions. So:

1. How do I load multiple presets into "Preset" field, so it won't always say "Custom" in the exporter window?

2. Is it possible to add custom field with custom name and load custom values in the exporter window?

3. Is it possible to not draw (I got them disabled) "Export video", "Export audio", and "Open in Device Central" checkboxes? I got them disabled, but would prefer them not visible in the window.

4. Do I have control over enabling/disabling "Metadata..." button as well as "Queue" button in the exporter window?

5. Is it possible to not draw (I got them disabled)  "Use Maximum Render Quality", "Use Previews", and "Use Frame Blending"  checkboxes?

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Hi Petro,

You can create a custom drop-down, but it would have to be in one of the tabs in the lower right, such as Video, Audio, or a new tab.  You can't create a custom control next to the Format and Preset drop-downs in the top-right.  So if it is feasible, it would be ideal for you to use the existing Preset drop-down in the top-right, next to the Format drop-down.

But if your exporter has a special need, you can create a custom drop-down.  It sounds like you're already doing it, basically.  J

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The custom preset really is not a preset at all, but rather just a placeholder for the current export settings.  From the Export Settings, you can set the parameters any way you wish, and hit the Save button to save the current settings to a new preset. From there you can choose the name.  Here's the relevant Help page on this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/mediaencoder/cs/using/WSa41b87baf39dd9b05e5392a0125558d5d39-8000.html

You should also read up on the Creating Presets section on page 166 of the SDK Guide PDF.

If you wish to provide your own preset drop-down where you can programmatically populate the options, there is a way to do that too - let me know if you need more info on that.

2) The Export Settings UI is quite flexible and allows you to provide your own custom controls.  The Adding Parameters section on page 165 of the SDK Guide gives a brief overview.  You can see an example in the SDK Exporter example, in SDK_Exporter_Params.cpp, which defines all the parameters used in the exporter.

3) I'm afraid you can't remove those checkboxes.  We've had that request before, to remove the Export Video/Audio checkboxes, and it is logged as request 2594804.

4) Queue cannot be disabled.  Why do you want to disable it?  Metadata... cannot be disabled either.

5) Why do you wish to disable these checkboxes?  You don't need to do anything in your exporter to implement these features - they are done behind the scenes by the host application.

Regards,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zac,

thank you for clarifications. That was very helpful.

>>If you wish to provide your own preset drop-down where you can

programmatically populate the options, there is a way to do that too - let

me know if you >>need more info on that.

Yes, i would like to know how to do that. Currently, I load all external

non-premiere preset names (used by external encoder) into a dropdown in the

"video" or "audio" tab. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that

it is possible to create a custom drop down and populate it with custom

values in the same group as "Format", "Preset" drop downs are. If that's

true, I definitely would like to know how to do that.

Thanks,

Petro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petro,

You can create a custom drop-down, but it would have to be in one of the tabs in the lower right, such as Video, Audio, or a new tab.  You can't create a custom control next to the Format and Preset drop-downs in the top-right.  So if it is feasible, it would be ideal for you to use the existing Preset drop-down in the top-right, next to the Format drop-down.

But if your exporter has a special need, you can create a custom drop-down.  It sounds like you're already doing it, basically.  Just as the SDK sample exporter does during exSelGenerateDefaultParams, you could call AddParamGroup() with a name like "Preset", and then create the drop-down param similar to how the SDK exporter calls AddParam() to create the field type param, which is a drop-down with multiple selections.

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got ya! Thank you for help!

Petro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines