• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6? CC? CC (2017)?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was about to update my software, and i see there are still 3 versions available. How to know which is the right one to use??? And will there be a 2018 version soon? The one i've been using is simply "CC", and when i click on about in PP, it says it's "2017.1.2 release", and below it says it's "11.1.2 (22) build".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

They're listed as

CC (12)

CC (2017)

CC (7)

CS6

In the CC Desktop App on my rig. Newest is the top.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been ... two releases? ... of 2018. If your CC app isn't showing them (which isn't too unusual, it doesn't always update correctly) I'd suggest signing out of it, rebooting the computer, and signing back in. That normally seems to jog the app so it goes ahead and updates.

There's also an option in the menu for that app to check for updates, you might try that ... but if it's not showing updates available that are, it may need the sign-out/in routine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what Neil writes, check out this help doc: Update apps to the October 2017 release of Adobe Creative Cloud

I know it's confusing, but the "2018 release" came out in October 2017. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link just went to the main forum-chooser page. ya, it's odd that my Cloud app has 3 version updates. I'm obviously not going to choose the CS6 version, but find it odd there's the CC and CC (2017) choices. No 2018 showing at all, even after the sign out and reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's where it gets confusing.

Adobe management loves to play around with official app naming. So instead of having a CC 2018 version, it is now simply called CC. It's confusing because the very first version of creative cloud after CS6 was called CC too...

So to answer you question, the latest version is CC 12.0.0 version (which will update to 12.0.1 once installed).

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting...

So it sounds like the only one i should download is the one called, "CC", and not "CC (2017)". Very odd nomenclatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're listed as

CC (12)

CC (2017)

CC (7)

CS6

In the CC Desktop App on my rig. Newest is the top.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tn43960187  wrote

. Very odd nomenclatures.

Add your voice here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: if you update to CC2018 (12.0) or (12.0.1) you will loose the ability to export footage in Dolby Digital. Same goes for CC2017 (11.1.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's why going into the "Advanced Options" option on the Update dialog is so important. ALWAYS check that, and UNCHECK "remove prior versions".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines