• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[cs6] How do i clear a clip marker/all clip markers

Participant ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into my keyboard shortcuts and added in my old shortcut to make a clip marker (panels-timeline panel- add clip marker) and now i cannot figure out how to navigate clip markers (used to be shift+right or left) or how to clear them?

I also have a bonus question, this forum has changed since i last used it how to i organise the forums so that all the replies are in their own thread instead of seing a bunch of re: in the forum i would like to see the origional starting topics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

This is the solution right here from Zebbler2, should be higher up^

Double click on the clip which would open it in the source monitor. Then right click on that source monitor's timeline and select "clear all markers" or right click an individual marker and select "clear selected marker"

Mr Eric J‌

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JIM is correct and I am grateful for the lesson, I could not find this myself. Double-clicking into the source monitor and viewing a marked clip, it was a piece of cake to clear out the CLIP markers. Super appreciative, and super simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't right click on the markers to get a menu with delete on it???

No we cannot, if i had to guess i'd say it was accidentaly left in! Hopefully i am wrong about that, and i love clip markers because i can put markers on the clips for where my powerpoint slides will be and then i can edit the footage to remove ums or miss-statements and not lose the timings of my slides based on the markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric,

For the Bonus Question, you are correct - the "skins" on the forum have changed. Adobe, and some of the MOD's here, are working to sort many things out. Not sure how successful they will be. Many feel, as you do - it is no longer easy.

I would give it a few weeks, to see what those folk are able to do.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6: I have a similar problem. You can only do clipmarkers in the source monitor. not anymore like in CS3 in the timeline. Now in CS6 clipmarkers have become useless, no navigation possible. Setting Timeline markers in a sequence and adding this sequence to a new timeline, all your markers are displayed as clipmarkers, but unusable. You cannot jump adjust and do anything with clipmarkers anymore. This is really a serious drawback and really hinders the workflow.  When moving clips, clipmarkers stay, That's the idea, why did adobe get rid of it, making it difficult to adjust differnt clips in the same timeline!!!???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in CS6 clipmarkers have become useless, no navigation possible.

Yep, that's why we need as many as possible to file that Feature Request...so Adobe will put back what they should not have taken away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6    I will file that request immediately! Difficult to navigate this site looking for a solution but thank god for that;  I just stumbled onto this thread as I was seeking an answer as to why audio is choppy/intermittently missing from playback and scrubbing, having to repeatedly massage stop-play using mouse, buttons, JKL, spacebar... What a tremendous pain in the ass.   Especially that I finally have everything loaded and ready to go (I waited to start this project with CS6 as I was training myself on CS5.5). I have 22 hours of captured pix and many more hours of ingested audio, (dual system w/no scratch track as picture is tx'd from film negative via tape), and now I have miles of dailies to sync. The title of this thread caught my eye because, just the night before last as I started the syncing process, I found myself struggling with clip markers. Or rather the absence of...  I was baffled and somewhat disheartened. I was relying on the info from EDITOR'S GUIDE TO PREMIERE PRO, which tells me how easy it is to sync dailies using CLIP MARKERS.  Not any more.  There is much to admire about the Production Suite, I've put a lot of time and money into it over the past year.  I put a $20K workstation together from day job wages in anticipation of FCP 8, then had to find an NLE that matched my hardware when FCPeX was released. Adobe seemed like IT.  Maybe, but I'm keeping an eye on LIGHTWORKS in hopes they soon come to the MAC.   (Mac 5,1  Kona 3G;  6GB cineRAID/60;  Areca 1800x.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I filed it as a bug report, for its a bug. I hope many others will file a report as well. For Adobe has the clipmarkers, but forgot to put in navigation and snapping ... I don't wont to pay another upgrade of 300$ just for something Adobe has forgotten to put in their program. Working now more than 12 years with Premiere Pro. It always has gotten better, easier, faster more intuitive, but now ..???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thanks for being on top of this clipmarker problem, it's a major stumbling block in my workflow and from the looks of it, for many others as well. I submitted a feature request on this last night, and just now as a bug report after reading thanmartin's post above...the more the merrier I'm thinking!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does prioritize, so yes...more requests are better.  (Although ideally from different users.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE THE ANSWER. I know I'm a couple years late but Ctrl+Shit+I removes the in sequence marker & Ctrl+Shift+O removes the out sequence marker.

TLDR;

• Ctrl+Shift+I = Remove In Sequence Marker
  • Ctrl+Shift+O = Remove Out Sequence Marker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to CS6 forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, the feature to remove all Clip Markers (without having to load themn into the Source Monitor) now exists in Premiere Pro CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines