• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dead pixel removal in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to remove dead pixels? I have two pixels at the same spot on every shot from one camera.

Is there any automated way to do this with Premiere or AE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Clone Stamp in After Effects, maybe.

DaVinci Resolve 15 beta has this effect, called Dead Pixel Fixer.  There's a free version you might explore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I have duplicated the edited video track on to V2, cropped the track to one pixel square on the nearest good pixel to the stuck one and then shifted this using the motion effects to cover the faulty pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for this tip- totally sorted my single one out quickly.. much appreciate you sharing

woody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i made a really good template a while back for AE. it interpolates a new pixel by averaging 4 surrounding pixels. much higher quality than

most.

dead pixel 6 will remove up to 3 specks with thickness, remove speck and visible boundry box.

ae6

CreativeCOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I am trying to figure out how your template works, but with no success. Can you write down how to make it work?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just right click replace the deadpixel.jpg with your footage. target control layer drag over pixel. change size if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines