Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Denoiser problem

Explorer ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've applied the denoiser effect to a number of clips to eliminate some hiss from an interview. (Need to match audio quality from a interview shot on an EX3 and then continued on a DSLR.) Seemed to do the job just fine until I played back the timeline. There is a lag in the effect as I go from clip to clip. Some of the audio levels start really low and then come up to normal, as if there's a delay on the effect. I've seen some old posts reporting this problem and am wondering if any of you can tell me if there's been any progress on a fix for this denoiser bug. Using Premiere Pro CS5 on a Windows 7 machine. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

SOLUTION

If the noisy clips are the only thing on that audio track, you can add the Denoiser effect from the audio mixer panel rather that applying it to each clip. The effect will apply to everything on that audio track, and I've found that it gets rid of the delays and oscillations of the Denoiser effect lots of times.

Open the audio mixer panel and you should see a slider there for each track and a master. At the top left of the mixer panel UI is a triangle toggle like the ones on all of the bi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, how has this not been fixed? I have tried all of the above suggestions and nothing is working. The original post was YEARS ago and this is still an issue in the latest release. I also do not have audition, nor do I have the option (through my workplace) to get it at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not fixed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016 and still no fix.

The SOLUTION given is not an answer.  It is a partial workaround that only helps some people so listing this thread as ANSWERED is unsatisfying.  I have been using the denoiser on the channel mixer for a while now and while it sometimes works correctly, this bug has returned to the mixer too.

Adobe's answer to everything seems to be to go learn a whole new application.  After Effect's 3D raytracing isn't doing something right?  Well. . . Adobe says use Cinema 4D application they kludged on even though it will take you 30 hours to learn it just so you can do something that would take 10 seconds to set up in the original 3D environment they won't fix.   Premier's denoiser doesn't work?  Use Audition even though it will take you 10 hours to learn Audition and adding the denoiser takes 10 seconds.   How about I dump Premiere and use Avid or Final cut if the solution is always about going to outside applications?  I already have Pro Tools and Logic Pro.  Maybe I should dump the CC and use those??

I'm sick of it.  Exporting to outside applications is a nice OPTION for some uses but it shouldn't be REQUIRED for something trivial like a basic hiss filter.  What next?  Export to Audition so I can change the volume?   The whole selling point of the cloud service was that they could get updates and fixes out quickly.   That's not happening.  They are pushing out new features rather than fixes and the new features often break the old features.  After Effects now crashes while rendering some "older" projects after an update.   They recently added the "dynamics" plugin to Premiere which was great.  Except, they ruined the benefit by removing all the plugins that used to do that job.  So, every old project I have is now MISSING PLUGINS.   I guess Adobe expects me to go back and remix every project I had with the new plugin.  Who decides these things?  Who decides that our time is worth NOTHING so we should just go remix all our works in progress from scratch and learn some new big application because they never got around to fixing the easier solution?

My patience is really running thin. . . as you can probably tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good lord. FIX THIS.

QCing my export of a 2 hour documentary 5 hours before screening for producers and I run into this garbage. 80% of the audio in the sequence has the denoiser applied (varying amounts of reduction). Sending it to Audition does not solve the issue. I'm totally screwed.

This is a joke. Remove the effect or fix the delay. 4 YEARS this thread has been open... unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly this is one of the reasons my boss won't let me use Premiere Pro. Sitting on a final output for a client, and now I have to re-export and upload. Can't use the garbage Denoiser effect, so now I have to run it through izotope or something. If I can see and hear the video just fine, then I should be able to export it just fine. Unacceptable. Now I have to explain to my boss why Premiere Pro has quirks when Final Cut Pro 7 has been fine for 7 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along with all the advertised amazing features Premiere offered, we ought to be made aware of things like this DeNoiser problem... Of course the burden of hindsight is on the customer, always - we had the ability to read all the feedback we could before buying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh DEAR GOD ADOBE would you FIX this already?!?!?!?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new denoiser effect from Audition is being offered in an upcoming version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to it! That will be great for quick edits with a little noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new DeNoiser (Adaptive Noise Reduction), when in the Audio Track Mixer effects and/or directly on a clip, has the ~2 second delay, even on export. How to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a problem with the old DeNoiser, and now it's an even bigger problem with the new Adaptive Noise Reduction effect.  Very disappointing.  I just did a side-by side comparison of the old DeNoiser (obsolete) and the new Adaptive Noise Reduction on the same clip, and the old DeNoiser did a far better job of removing the noise floor - and when used in the track mixer, the DeNoiser only has ~2 delay once, where as the Adaptive Noise Reduction has the delay at the beginning of every clip.  Unusable.  Sometimes obsolete is better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is correct, but all my audio editing was done, so what I did was nested the audio files together and then apply the de noisier effect to the whole clip (made up of all the clips of audio). The effect still happened at the beginning of my video but you could cope with that if you just lower the sound or just put a fade in, I assume. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is not fixed at all. Very disappointing. Will likely look for alternative software now. This seems fundamental and i can't believe it seems to be ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem exists for years!!!

They replaced it with "adaptive noise reduction" which also starts every clip with noise.

It´s like a bad joke.

Even if you put the "adaptive noise reduction" on the whole track

and you do later volume tweeks on individual clips

every altered clip will start with 1-2 seconds of noise.

Wow, Adobe - so ridiculous, time wasting. Time that cost me money

and thousands of other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the posted fixes and this gentleman has the best resolve for me. Track Based Denoising in Premier Pro CC (rather than clip based) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted that even if you use the track mixer

and you apply the effect to the track

you´ll have that noise at the beginning of the track

AND

if you are tweeking the volume of the clips

you´ll get another noise in the beginning of that individual clips.

(even if denoise effect is on track).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQgSTt3SkMo and every work around, I'm having the issue.

Adobe, please fix, it's now 2017.

Workaround if you stuck and want a 100% method

- Add around 10 sec of whatever music/sound that you merge with what you wanna denoise

- Apply denoiser

- Render and apply

- Cut the first 10 seconds (that now include the 2 second delay...)- Enjoy

Adobe, really, please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That workaround is not supposed to work because on export PP will render it without the 10 seconds, unless you use smart rendering which avoids rendering on export.

Isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I didn't express myself properly...

[10 second useless audio clip] + [ the audio you want to denoise]

- Merge both together, and denoise the new giant clip (made of 10 useless stuff at the beginning, and the real audio I want to denoise)

- Render and replace

- Crop the 10 first second that are useless

And voila ! Still, that require to get like a dummy sound clip to absorb the 2/3 second of hiss that everyone is complaining about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that "Render and replace" was missing... .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The was just a new release, it included a new way to work with your audio, select if something is voice, fx, music etc.......................and still doesn't work. same 2 second problem exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with newest Version ---when will you fix this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be a joke, right? I just stumbled upon this issue with the Adapter Noise Reduction. Also when I use Audition. How are people dealing with this? These are absolute basics for every videographer. How should we handle this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've now made it to 2018 and the same problem exists. I don't have the option of exporting to Audition and, IMHO, shouldn't have to. It seems like the issue is hit or miss - sometimes it haooens and sometimes it doesn't, whether or not I use the workarounds previously mentioned. So I guess this comment is less of a request for help from the community and more of a documentation that Adobe still has work to do on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I have been having an audio export problem. I am shooting on a Panasonic GH5 at 29.376 fps with an external tascam 70d audio recorder.

As I edit my interviews for my client I am able to playback the audio in premiere pro, but when i export my file and try to post on Fb or IG I am left with this hissss sound all the way through instead of the talking head audio. Can someone please advise on this situation, this has been giving me hell for a week and half now. =|

I have tried multiple sequence settings as well as export settings, as well as running it through the media encoder. Things like this sometimes makes me want to switch back to final cut pro =(.

Are there any specific settings that you use that you think i should try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines