Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Denoiser problem

Explorer ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've applied the denoiser effect to a number of clips to eliminate some hiss from an interview. (Need to match audio quality from a interview shot on an EX3 and then continued on a DSLR.) Seemed to do the job just fine until I played back the timeline. There is a lag in the effect as I go from clip to clip. Some of the audio levels start really low and then come up to normal, as if there's a delay on the effect. I've seen some old posts reporting this problem and am wondering if any of you can tell me if there's been any progress on a fix for this denoiser bug. Using Premiere Pro CS5 on a Windows 7 machine. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

SOLUTION

If the noisy clips are the only thing on that audio track, you can add the Denoiser effect from the audio mixer panel rather that applying it to each clip. The effect will apply to everything on that audio track, and I've found that it gets rid of the delays and oscillations of the Denoiser effect lots of times.

Open the audio mixer panel and you should see a slider there for each track and a master. At the top left of the mixer panel UI is a triangle toggle like the ones on all of the bi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I hope this isn't way too late to help. As of time of posting, this issue still hasn't been resolved to my knowledge. Honestly, I've given up on the matter. I bought the Waves NS1 and have been very happy with it. It has fewer adjustable parameters, but it does well for the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019. The problem is still around.

I cannot believe how far back this has been an issue. Anyway, I can't really get a good fix on this but I've noticed from all my testing there needs to be some talking or audio noises for the first few seconds for the denoise to take affect. No matter what you say or what sounds come in the first second, it's gonna have that weird noise where it works its way into affect. I dunno what to do. This is ridiculous .. one small thing is causing me so much problems. I refuse to do all those other work arounds people talking about export to audition and then back into premiere, screw that.

I wish they would just fix this though.

*UPDATE/SOLUTION*

I have spent a whole day fixing this. It just doesn't work no matter what you do. The DeNoise effect is designed to only kick in when it has some sound before your actual video starts. Basically, I just talk jibberish in my recording for a few seconds and then properly start my video/talking. This lets me set the effect in premiere, the start of your voice or audio whatever will sound off and then you'll hear denoise start to work. But the jibberish at the first few seconds is what you want to cut out and boom... you have yourself a denoised track. That's just how it works, it needs audio to start the effect. Unfortunately if you cut that first few seconds the denoise then restarts itself and it will do the same thing to the new part you just cut which is where you really want your video to begin... I have 2 methods. I probably prefer Method 2 because once you've done it it's done and when you finally export from Premiere the video is complete. Method 1 requires messing about after it's exported but only takes like 1 minute or less. And it's free.

This is for Adobe Premiere (MP4 videos)

Method 1 (Adobe Premiere + MPEG Streamclip):

This free little beauty has been good to me. Anyway, with this little program you want to do all your stuff in premiere as normal. Add the denoise whatever and do everything you normally do only this time at the start of your video try to go back a bit by dragging the video and audio, maybe 10-20 seconds? Make sure the audio has noise/talking whatever, so denoise effect picks it up to work with. When your real video starts you make a cut there with the audio and video both cut at the same place. This is where your video would begin. The jibberish 10 seconds or whatever stuff before that is what you need for this to work. You need to export your video as you normally do.

Once it's done you load the video in MPEG Streamclip and seek a bit to where your video just starts out. I use a fader in premiere so I just go to the black screen before my video starts. I select the video from there (the letter I on keyboard for Select IN (this will select the whole video) then just Control S or File > Save As. Boom, the video literally takes like 10 seconds to save or more. No encoding done. The video is untouched... thats why this program is so good.

Method 2 (Adobe Premiere + Adobe Audition)

You'll need Adobe Audition for this obviously. Same as above... you want voice/sound before where you want your video to start. That is key... you NEED some sound/voice for the denoise to work properly on where your actual video starts. This method just do the same as above and then if you have Audition you need to go to Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence. Leave everything the same except change Video: None. Audio Clip Effects and Audio Track Effects can be set to Transfer Settings or Remove All if you add denoise in Audition instead. It will open your audio tracks in Audition. It's not that hard to learn. I figured it out in 5 mins. When it opens, you'll see your audio in the middle. Make sure you delete all the other tracks that you don't want denoised. This is going to denoise your whole track and save it without the cuts. It will just be one long track (don't worry the cut effects/transitions/fades are all there). Go to the Mixer tab above the audio track and you will see your effects if you added them in Premiere. Disable them all except denoise. You can also add denoise here just like premiere. It's all the same. Play your audio a bit just to make the magic work. Then go to Multitrack > Export to Adobe Premiere > Export. It will go straight back into Premiere asking which track you wanna add it to (probably just go with new or a track thats empty) then you have yourself a new audio track with denoise. Now you just replace it with the original (I just delete original then move the new one up to the spot. Its all synced the same dont worry.) Now all you need to do is just cut the jibberish part out and you have your video begin where you want. The denoise will now be all there even if sound is at 1 second thanks to the jibberish sounds at the start. Think of Audition as permanantly denoising your whole track no matter where you cut it will stay denoised.

Done. Thanks. *wipes forehead*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this, but there's a major issue with this workaround.  When using Nenoiser (and a few others) on the audio channel in the audio mixer rather than on the clip, latency started to occur between the audio and video - even though the clips are linked.  

I tried to clear the cache and that seemed to fix the issue, so I put the Denoiser back on the audio mixer...

But then the latency between the audio and video happened again.  The audio is late...

I then cleared the cache yet again, removed the Denoiser from the audio mixer, but still, the audio is late.  But this time with 0 audio plugins.  I'm pretty upset, frankly.    

The Adobe folks really should have fixed this by now or removed the plugin....I'm reading it's been an issue for several years, going back to 2012, if not before.

I'm running Premiere Pro CC 2019 on a 2019 MacBook Pro 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i9 with 16 gigs of RAM.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug has been around for well over a decade, and is still present in 2024 release. Its BS like this that makes me contemplate leaving Adobe entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines