• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss the Premiere Pro 22.3 UI changes: Import, Export, and Header Bar

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling too, this UI update seems a step backwards requiring more clicks etc to do the same tasks... I also can't find options to do layouts that worked very well for certain tasks. Whats happened to the caption layout for instance?

If I wanted a Premiere rush like inetrface i'd use rush... This is professional workstation software why are you dumbing it down... Shades of Final cut 10...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi Community,

Thank you for the comments, but the Premiere Pro team does not generally read feedback on these user-to-user forums (Discussions).

Regarding Export Mode: Please provide feedback to the Premiere Pro Team on this thread on the Ideas forum.

For the Header Bar: provide feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 515 Replies 515
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're looking at this the wrong way... Great to have new features but should they be on by default? Why is the onus on the user to have to disable something that wasn't wanted in the first place... More wasted timke for us busy people trying to make a living...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that defaulting that toggle to 'on' in the first instance was a poor choice.  However, it stays off once you turn it off, so this lamenting of extra clicks and money flying out the window is over egging the pudding a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But should not even be a thing in the first place. it should work exactly as it did before the update unless they take you through the settings they have changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The importing of videos for any project in ver. 22.3.0 SUCKS completely. I can't import videos to my editing sequence directly. I have to go to import and then look at the file. When the import it's done, is in another sequence, I can't import directly from the folder, it only shows the soundtrack, but no video... Too many unnecessary steps to import videos now. A lot of wasted time in this new way... Not a great idea folks... You are absolutely wrong on this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to simply disable the new UI for New Projects, Export, etc. and use the classic UI? I had a pretty streamlined workflow and this new UI is getting in the way of that. It's slow, clunky, and really just a hindrance, overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. This new way of working with Premiere is a piece of...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have to import any media whatever with that Import page ... if you don't like the way it works, just don't import anything through that page.

First time using the page, make sure the far left items for copy media, create bin, and create sequence are not selected (not blue). Once you've deselected them, and they're gray, they stay deselected.

Now ... simply give your new project a Name, a Location, and click Create. Just like before. You had to do those exact steps in the old UI.

Now go to the Project panel and import if that's how you've done it. Or the Media Browser if that's how you've done it.

Takes no more time than the old UI. Uses the way you've worked in the old UI.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was is there a way to disable the new UI and use the classic? The same options may be there, but again, it is slow, clunky, and well... gaudy. The classic UI had everything nice and compact right in front of me rather than this monstrosity taking up the entire screen. In the amount of time it takes just to move my mouse around from one spot to another I could have already be in the project working. Also, the Export of media was one nice window in which I could simply scroll down. Now, there are accordion dropdowns to open up, additional drill downs -- click on Video, click on More, scroll -- just to simply tweak the bitrate, etc. when before it was just a quick scroll down to get to it. I get you were trying to make things more convenient by having Export as a tab rather than a pop up, but the pop up was much more compact and easier to manage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new Export screens we are now limited to 48 kHz at 16 bits for DVD and Blu Ray discs.  Why? The standard has been 48kHz and 24 bits for years.  Why limit us to 16 bits.  If I want to edit a video and pass it on, I see no way to leave the audio as PCM at 48 kHz 24 bits.  Only AAC or MPEG.  Adobe keeps dumbing things down to make it simple for beginners.  I have been using Premier for 14 years and have had no issues configuring my exports.  Leave the Export Presets for Premiere Elements.  Please allow 24 bit audio as well as 16 bit.

Thanks,

Ralph Gould

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The  MPEG2 DVD and BluRay presets on my Windows rig are both PCM ... 48K/16-bits.

So yes, PCM, but not an option for 24 bits.

ProRes is "uncompressed" and gives options up through 32 bit float, but all at 16 bits.

H.264 BluRay is PCM, 48k and again, 16 bits.

DNx options do give up to 24 bits.

So it seems to vary some by codec. Not many 24 bit options for sure.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,
I can't look back, but no more than two or three updates ago, I was able to
select 16 or 24 bit depths. Is there a way that I can save edited
video/audio with pcm 48kHz sampling and 24 bit depth with Mpeg 2 or H.264
video? The editing is complete, but I want to save the clip with minimum
degradation.
Why does Adobe keep making these workflow changes? This bunch hit me in
the middle of a project. Could they possibly announce something this big a
month ahead so there is time to get used to it?
Thanks for your help.
Ralph Gould

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not like the new export section - I wish we could bypass it - but that will probably not happen.

Is it possible to remove the "Preset" destinations for Youtube etc? We dont upload directly on delivery so it is just clutter right now.

Is it possible to hide og delete system presets? - we only use our own custom presets so system presets is just clutter right now.

It would be nice with videos on how to set up the export module in Premiere so it is more simple 

Best regards

Morten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to remove the "Preset" destinations for Youtube etc? We dont upload directly on delivery so it is just clutter right now.

Is it possible to hide og delete system presets? - we only use our own custom presets so system presets is just clutter right now.

By @Morten Corfit22608037wubj

I don't see the post; must be in a different thread. Just set the presets you want as "favorites," and then show only favorites.

The one click bypass (then wait for AME to open) is the "Send to Media Encoder" button.

Check out the "Quick Export" button. Once you save a preset the way you want (or a standard one if that works), this is a very quick way to export. Click, accept the sequence name as the file name or change, select the preset you want, done. The filename change here is the preferred "save as" method where you can change the directory, and change the filename while seeing previous exports (of the same filetype) and clicking on them to prepopulate the new filename.

I don't like the new UI, but it is what it is, and these are workarounds that will make it easier.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someon please explain how the new header bar makes navigating "faster and easier"? As I see it, I needed only one click to change between different workspaces - but now, even that takes two clicks.  Really annoying. 

Visukinttu_0-1650486538408.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Visukinttu 

You can add the workspaces back into the bar by checking "Show Workspace Tabs" under the workspace button. Once you do that, the setting will stick, and you can leave your workspaces on the bar - you'll be back to single click workspace changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... had to roll back to 22.2 as I hate the new import and export user interface, massive step backwards in my opinion. Now the text engine seems broken. I can do any text elements without getting the "a low level exception error occurred in: AE.ADBE Text (GPUvideofitler:: getframedependencies)" error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While importing a folder of footage -- it doesnt keep a file structure in the project bin--- doesnt even put the clips into a folder.. I used to be able to import a structure of folders of neately organized clips from my local and Premiere would import it with the file structure intact.... _ WTF!!!  Now its all dumped into the project bin and splashed randomly onto a timeline i didnt even make- Like Sensi knows how my edit is supposed to roll out.  NO NO NO!!  -- stop catering to high school influencers who dont know. Again this update is BALLS!!! 

Instead of messing around with the GUI making everything confusing -- why dont you develop some new transitions or expnad your effects library so I dont have to keep going to third party developers and paying even more money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, all the original processes are still there. And you didn't use the new controls by setting them to your needs ... which are very different. And of course, you can skip importing on that page if you want easily.

Using the new project "Import" page ... over on the right, click the icon thingy to the right of "New bin" so it turns blue. Now it will make a bin for the media. And you can give it a name. It will put everything you may have in subfolders in that one bin though, which is not handy. Ahem.

The create new sequence icon below the bin option is blue to begin with, meaning selected. Click it so it goes gray, and it won't create a sequence.

And of course you can easily skip the whole thing. Simply select New/Project, name the new project, set the location on disk, and then click "create" in the lower right corner. It makes a project for you.

Then go to the project panel, right-click/Import or use the Media Browser, exactly as before. All the processes are still there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sneaky C, I don't know what you're talking about.  I pull folder structures from my computer's file explorer window right into the project panel and they stay intact.  

There's no requirement that we use the import tab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to do a tutorial on creating a new project, after the update took effect. My screen doesn't look like the Premiere Pro 2022 tutorial. I don't know what this is...and I haven't been able to open a file to begina new project. xxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 22.3 version that just came out does have a different starting process for creating a project and importing media. The tutorials haven't all been updated yet to match.

At the top of your image, you see the Project Name and Location boxes ... that's where you give it a name and location on disc.

The options below are for importing media into the project to start the project. That whole page is part of the setup of a new project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit the Edit button at the top of the screen to skip this Import tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed this on a spare non project critical Mac Pro

Here is a an overview of my opinions:

The new import page (which can ne turned off) is totally unnecessary.

It feels bloated and somethimg a FCP user would like.

Not to mention that the stock assets that ships woth it takes up considerable space on your drive.

Definitely not a fan of this one.

Stability is slightly or maybe more than slightly off par.

Frequent beach balling, lags and playback slowdowns.

Legacy titling from past version is certain to kill this version instantly.

Something Adobe needs to address.

The quick export function is uhmm well, filled with codecs that are also in the normal export page.

So so much lik FCP X.

MOGRT playback seems to be a little better based on the type of MOGRT you use.

Some complex MOGRTS import in and then sit there for alomost 20 secs. Quite frustrating.

Nope this is one version I will not use on anything I am working on. 

And that import page is something I will never ever use.

Nice try Adobe but this ones a bit of a bloated toad.

Mo

Bloated.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<set mini-rant on>

Yes, the New Project screen is definitely not good.

Whats up with that!!!

??

I now have to TRAVEL 32 literal inches from the new project name with my mouse and turn my head from upper left to lower right to get to the Create button..

Somethings wrong with this... 🙂

<set mini rant off>

Seriously, this window needs to be optional, or resizable, and I don't care about the media being displayed in this screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community, 

If you have problems with the new features related to the new UI, my recommendation is to file a bug report on User Voice so that the dev team can make fixes. Here is the link: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I am sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines