• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss the Premiere Pro 22.3 UI changes: Import, Export, and Header Bar

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling too, this UI update seems a step backwards requiring more clicks etc to do the same tasks... I also can't find options to do layouts that worked very well for certain tasks. Whats happened to the caption layout for instance?

If I wanted a Premiere rush like inetrface i'd use rush... This is professional workstation software why are you dumbing it down... Shades of Final cut 10...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi Community,

Thank you for the comments, but the Premiere Pro team does not generally read feedback on these user-to-user forums (Discussions).

Regarding Export Mode: Please provide feedback to the Premiere Pro Team on this thread on the Ideas forum.

For the Header Bar: provide feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 515 Replies 515
Engaged ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yea, the new export process can be a bit of a pita ... even to figure out where things went.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I hesitate to ask... is this "fixed" in 22.4? I just saw that there is a new version.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I ask is I have a three monitor setup. The old export panel was efficient and fast, I don't need/want to have the panel "take over" a whole monitor for no good reason.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still the same new export panel ... taking the whole monitor, as it's designed more as a 'page' than a panel.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply Neil... 

I don't even know where to begin on what a poor design this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone, by any measure.

This forum is primarily user-to-user "assistance", like myself, Ann, Stan, the others. With oversight by Kevin Monahan and his product support staffers.

The Bugs and Ideas forums are where the development team gathers information as to bugs, feature requests, um ... feature dis-requests? ... and such.

So ... posting on things you want changed is extremely important

Neil

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done and done... Thanks Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use one of the three monitors and the problem will be solved ) I don't understand many users what they are uncomfortable with. One thing I hear: - the panel is full screen and I don't see anything; - the main video settings are hidden; - I'm not used to this new panel; - I don't like its design, etc. Damn it, study it and there will be no problems. You are used to poking without thinking with your eyes closed and all your experience. One single question was discussed here on the forum, which really needs to be finalized with regard to the path and the name of the assignment. And then I don't think it's critical. There is also a nuance, it is necessary to add the ability to close the video window, thereby reducing the Export panel for the visual aesthete. But, again, why simplify anything here, this is your ultimate goal to bring out the product and this page, and not the panel for the most part. There is no need to be wise here, just configure and output the media. And the question is: does the IMPORT page suit everyone, which has not been finalized at all with all its functions? Or will you find fault with the "large" full-screen EXPORT panel or have you placed the buttons wrong? Let's write

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does use one of three monitors... and, it is not efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touted as "Improved" import and export? Great. How about documenting how to use those? I checked the web ... nope, no instructions.

I've been using Creative Cloud for several years, and use only basic features for Premier Pro, Audition, and Media Encoder. I must said I'm SADLY disappointed with Adobe for "improving" the interface without providing documentation. 

Now I must decide, do I try to install an older version so I can get my work done, or struggle in the new "less than adequate" environment. 

I went to export, and find that my presets are gone! I tried exporting to see if that would point me where they are? No joy. And where did the saves go? I have no idea. More time spent trying to figure out the new environment. Also, it's NOT intuitive. Only becasue I've been using this for years do I know where to look.

I didn't ask for beta, I want what you've documented. I would ask for beta if that's what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KathBea,

We're sorry about the poor experience. You may refer to this link to learn about the new features of Premiere Pro. Hope you find it useful. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FWIW

I had not used Premiere Pro for six years until last week when I down loaded a TRIAL to see if legacy projects would work for some  edit revisions.  Prior  to that...long time professional user.

I had no issues with Import or Export Interfaces at all despite them looking a little unfamiliar.  I would consider that they were intuitive and very easy to use. The Export Interface also has easily accessed additional options that you can drill into.

I noticed that Media Encoder and Export Media are still available options.  One from the Export Window and the other from the File Menu respectively.  Might help you and there is most likely a tutorial available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a little bewildering to me the confusion. Import window is the same with the option to import media if you want. Export Window is a little reorganized but if you knew your way around the previous one, or even if you've just used transcoding software before, it wasn't difficult at all to map to the new layout. The tabs are vertical instead of horizontal now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you only with the EXPORT panel.

The IMPORT panel needs to be modified. There are many suggestions on what can be done there to make this page interesting for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take 5 secs to trawl through the forum. You'll soon see you are not alone.

The updated Export interface has gone down like a lead balloon and is widely considered to be a massive backward step. Both in design and functionality.

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can make you happy, there is nothing to study there. Just a new IMPORT panel appears instead of the old one. Everything is the same, only in full screen. Write the project name, save path, and just click CREATE. That's it. Performance does not deteriorate in any way. By clicks, the same as in the old version. Why such a panic )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

couldn't agree more. why am i losing 5% of my program to a moving top bar for home/import/edit export? this gets in the way of  editing and is never helpful and only gets in the way. just how often in the middle of editing do you think these panels are useful? importing and exporting were stupid easy. please don't turn this into FCP X, they're starting to shift for the worse prosumer garbage we flocked from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will help you decide to return your 5% of the workspace. If the system is Win, press the keyboard shortcut "CTRL + \" and lo and behold, 5% will come back )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a mac, no combination of controls fixes anything. maximizing the screen also now locks me out of mutlitasking and being able to have anything other than premiere up so i'm losing more than 5% really because in additon to that USELESS ui bar up there so its actually worse than i initially describe vs how it used to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything is the same on Mac, only the combination "Com + \" or something nearby. Look at the keyboard shortcuts in the settings. Why get upset over nothing. This is not the main reason to be sad. There are much more serious problems in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything is the same on Mac, only the combination "Com + \" or something nearby. Look at the keyboard shortcuts in the settings.

By @Baffy19

That shortcut is hardcoded into Premiere Pro and cannot be changed in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog. This is an issue for all users with a non-US/UK keyboard that don´t have a native key for \. I use a Swedish keyboard and cannot use that shortcut, nor remap it. IMO that is the biggest issue with the new UI.

In After Effects one can change it in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I did not expect that it was impossible to change the layout to a supported one while working in Swedish. Contact Adobe employees, they will tell you how to solve the situation. Well, or they will give advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also that key, which i use all the time, isn't helpful for this. it doesnt remove the useless extra UI on top of the panel and doesnt make it stop locking the entire screen if i try to maximize it. i'm upset because i use this all day every day for my career and this sucks and is likely the first step towards making this entire program dumbed down like they did with FCP X and I do not feel like learning resolve nor do I think it will save us once this program goes totally in the toilet if it continues this path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Export Panel File Name... how do I use the same filename as the last export and update it to V2?

I used to be able to click the location path and be able to select a previous export and then change the new export name to the same exact one and then add a V2... Is there a way to do this in the update? Or do I have to manually type it out? 

NOTE: I export the sequence as a different name than the sequence I am working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines