• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss the Premiere Pro 22.3 UI changes: Import, Export, and Header Bar

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling too, this UI update seems a step backwards requiring more clicks etc to do the same tasks... I also can't find options to do layouts that worked very well for certain tasks. Whats happened to the caption layout for instance?

If I wanted a Premiere rush like inetrface i'd use rush... This is professional workstation software why are you dumbing it down... Shades of Final cut 10...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi Community,

Thank you for the comments, but the Premiere Pro team does not generally read feedback on these user-to-user forums (Discussions).

Regarding Export Mode: Please provide feedback to the Premiere Pro Team on this thread on the Ideas forum.

For the Header Bar: provide feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 515 Replies 515
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreadful new UI. I've rolled back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That UI ain't going back, and there's some major improvements in working with captions, even editing from captions, either in the current version or coming soon. Plus other things that will make it very difficult to stay on a previous version.

Especially for an issue that takes about 10 seconds per project to handle. When new functionality saves you minutes a project.

Do I want them to move the Create button next to Location? Oh, Hades yes!

My bigger gripe is the Export page, which can be made non--annoying if you spend the 10-15 minutes one time to:

1) deselect ALL "favorite"  export presets

2) make and 'favorite' detailed presets for everything you will use. Including multiple ones if you routinely change an option or two.

Then ... it's workable.

Neil

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, do you have any help rebalancing the Color page? I want to see a more professional look . Here is the interpretation of the material into the desired color space, flexible tools for color adjustment. The color panel is already outdated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping we'll get a full color management panel at some point. They don't even have it in the 2023 public beta yet, so ... it's not coming "soon" ... but we need it.

Neil

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are evolving. Just backwards. Its super annoying welcome screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proving again we're all different. Everyone's mileage always varies ...

I'm actually a big fan of presets for as many things as possible. Keyboard shortcuts. And using my Tangent Elements panel for eveything I can map to it, which in Pr now is a lot ... from color to graphics to audio ... wow.

For me where they went off the rails the farthest with the new Export page was requiring a click on the More ... button rather than letting us scroll.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new import and export screens are garbage. If I wanted a crappy program like this I would use iMovie. Presets are for losers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we expect a toggle option for the added header bar? 

I've been made into a broken man by this program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I misunderstand your question, you can simply press ctrl + \ or windows key + the up arrow key; for Mac it's command + \. This will toggle the header bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

I'm talking about the "import, edit, Export" bar that's permanatly cemented to the top of the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, gochya. Yeah, I guess what you can do is take a piece of black gaffers tape and put it over that area, or maybe take a hammer and smash the area of your monitor, so you no longer have to see them, and pretend it's no longer there to pretend there is more space. Other than that, I guess we are at the mercy of the devs, until they decide to include toggle function for those features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, here is the correct link to upvote the our wishes to Adobe to remove this screen real estate hog.

I can see the appeal for this new feature for some users, but chances are - if you're reading this post, you're just as annoyed/upset about this. PLEASE UPVOTE THIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was happy to upvote that. May not use it, but I like giving users options.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well they migrated the comments but not the upvotes eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just like that time google re-designed their search engine interface....NOT!  🙂

"If it aint broke, don't fix it".  There are plenty of other things the dev team could be spending their time on, like uniformity of execution, between cross application functions.  (I'm talking photoshop / After Effects / Premiere Pro).  That will make users appreciate the interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another constant frustration is the export pop-up. When I move my mouse over the 'Export' button, this window often. pops-up (it's fairly random) and stops execution of the export. Why? You then have to move your mouse all the way over to the other side of the screen to dismiss it, then all the way back to click 'Export'

That's because ENTER doesn't execute the export. Nor does CMD + ENTER, CTR + ENTER, CMD + RETURN, CTR + RETURN. Why is any of this good? And why hasn't this been fixed yet?

Sorry if I'm missing something basic here. And if the Export window is now just a tab, why can't you close a project when the tab is active?

Again, this stuff is so basic it's UI/UX 101. The mind boggles sorry. Truly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines