• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropping frames during any playback in CC

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have really big issues with playback on Premiere pro CC, att all updates. I have Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Intel Xeon W3550 3,06 GHz

24 Gb of RAM

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with latest drivers

CS6 works fine but in the CC during playback of every video my frames are constantly dropping. I was trying every solutions that other members adviced but nothing works. I don´t know where is the problem. Any ideas ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about sharing the type of media ... file/codecs, frame-rate/size, and how created, plus perhaps if you've more than one disc in use, if so how used ... what sort of effects are you using on your sequences ... anything like that which may be straining something in your system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s a .mov file from Canon 6D in 25 fps 1080 p, it doesn´t work as a source video and when I creat a new timeline from the file it doesn´t work too. It´s just raw video from camera without any edit. I use 256 GB SSD as main disc for runnig the CC and 3 TB WD for loading the footage. I changed a graphic card from old nVIDIA quadro FX3800 because it isn´t supported by CC but it´s still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other media to test? 6D mov files one does expect to work ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried footage from GoPro, DJI phantom 3, canon 5d mk ii, canon G7x, smartphone footage, nothing works right. In CS6 playback works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GoPro and drone footage at times is a bit harder for the CPU's to work with as they tend to be highly compressed, and the more compression is used in encoding, the more CPU cycles go into de-coding for playback while editing. Smartphone can also be an issue at times.

The two Canon's you mention should work pretty decently though. And for quarter-size to have that much playback issue ... hmmm.

petergaraway​ ... any ideas?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Un-tick "Enable accelerated Intel h.264 decoding" in preferences/media tab and close extra premiere panels-hide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I un-ticked that and closed all the hidden panels but nothing changed .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really odd that cs6 works but cc doesn't. is cuda renderer turned on? cleared cache? what is your preview codec?

anyway, i posted 27 things you could try

Premiere Pro Multicamera lags on my very powerful PC when moving the blue bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two years late on this one...but we had similar issues with dropped frames during playback dating back to 2016 based on a similarly spec'd system.  Turns out it was the Geforce GPU (Tried with 980ti, 1060 & 1070) .  Eventually buckled and swapped the GTX cards with Quadro P4000...no more frame dropping.

I guess there is some advantage to Quadro cards beyond the 10-bit output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines