• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Monitor Won't work

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried adobe software which is after effect and premiere pro. It won't allow me to do the playback on the second monitor. When i try to undock the program monitor panel menu to the second monitor, the playback is working fine for the first time. But when i close the program and reopen it, the software will run in the background which is I can view it in task manager. I end task it then reopen my premiere pro. Then, the playback couldn't work anymore and it allow me to work on the first screen only.

Is there anyway to solve this ? Thanks for the helping !  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Invyiousk,

I understand that you are trying to configure your apps to work on a dual monitor setup.

Which version of Premiere Pro & After Effects you have & which OS are you on?

How exactly is your secondary monitor connected to your computer?

Let me know if this link helps: Premiere Pro CC: Use 2 Monitors | Larry Jordan

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet Singh,

Thanks for replying !

I had tried the link provided. Still the same. I do it in by ticking the second monitor checkbox but the preview only show black screen. When I press sapcebar to play the preview, it only show me black screen but the audio work smoothly.

The PP and AE I am using is 2017 CC which are the latest. My first monitor is connecting from my GTX960 HDMI to HDMI. My second monitor is connecting from my GTX960 VGA to HDMI.

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to undock and drag the playback to the second monitor if you want that monitor full-screen Program monitor. Besides checking the box in the monitor section, did you also click the "Enable Mercury Transmit" check-box above the box of monitor options?

I know that typically checking that box is required before it activates the box of monitor choices. But after you've selected the monitor you wish to use for full-screen playback, checking and unchecking that "Enable" box turns the full-screen second monitor Program monitor on/off.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this issue yet?

I have the same issue and the article linked doesn't mention anything about what the OP was saying the issue was.

To reiterate, the second monitor no matter which one I choose only plays the first time I open the project, then I have to 'End Task' on Task Manager to quit Premiere Pro 2018 fully, when I reopen PP 2018, I get no video and only audio. The Sequence window will be blank white.

I would like the option of moving my workspace windows as I wish outside of the main PP 2018 window AND to have the option to use my second monitor as a full screen monitor.

Any reply would be grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, the only work around I have found it extending the whole PP window across both display monitors, but this doesn't save when I come back into PP after I have closed the program down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I got a brand new PC with two monitors and running last update on Premier cc 2019, AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Is there a solution ?

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one thing that can interfere, which is ... if you maximize on your main UI monitor, sometimes there is a one freaking pixel line on the 'near' edge of the 2 monitor, which you can't even see. So for some users, manually taking the main UI window on the monitor they want for that to very, very close to the edges means that transmit-out works. So ... worth a try.

The other thing is that something in the 13.x builds can be wonky for a select group of Pr and AfterEffects users ... like thee & me. We're special somehow.

I've got my monitor of choice working in transmit, but ... it took some messing to figure out how to do it. Changing scaling of the screen in the OS also. Now ... it's decided it's comfortable with that screen, and I can change the scaling as I wish.

However ... Ae ... still ... either BOTH my 2 and 3 monitors are going transmit out, or ... neither.

Yea, I've filed on it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, thank you so much - I was going mad for days and you saved me! So greatful 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir are a #legend. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir thank you for this great tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a second monitor soley to improve my workflow in premiere only to find out it didn't work, but this saved me, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot - I would never have figured that out myself:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is the link i provided to show what my problem is. As you see once I checked the "Enable Mercury Transmit" and also enabled the 2nd monitor as full screen playback, these happen as the video showed. This also happened when i undock and use the preview without full screen playback. If i use the "undock" way and put it in the 2nd monitor, it can play the audio but the preview is same as the video provided.

Link : testing - YouTube

Thanks a lot for helping me out !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been having a similar issue with a 3 monitor setup where the playback refuses to show on the monitor I have selected in the playback window. It will only show on my 3rd monitor. I just got done chatting with Adobe support about it and they couldnt figure it out either but that it is a known issue with 13.1.0

They told me i'd have to go back to an older version or wait until a fix is released. Its probably the same deal with your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Supposedly 13.0.x might work ok, but ... you may need to run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to fish out the little bit that's causing this. I'll repost what I just put in another thread on this issue ...

The 12.x versions didn't have this, and ... I'm wondering if you could get the 13.0.3 to work IF ...

• you downloaded the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool;
  • used that to do BOTH the uninstall AND the cleanup of all bits for Premiere 2019;
  • rebooted, reinstalled Premiere 2019 from the Adobe CC app;
  • rebooted, launched Premiere 2019.

The instructions for the Cleaner Tool say to uninstall THEN run the cleaner. I've had the opportunities over the last few years to become very acquainted with that tool ... enough to be very comfortable in saying that quite often, if you uninstall the app before running the Cleaner Tool, it isn't as capable of a complete scrubbing of the computer of all bits as if you run the Cleaner Tool with the app installed.

I've talked about this even with the engineers at NAB, and they're very comfortable with this even though "it's not the way the instructions were written."

Might be worth a try. First time running that rather odd "tool" takes maybe fifteen minutes for the whole process. I picked up enough experience to do it under seven minutes a couple times. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for all this comments.

Since I have my new high def monitors, I am facing with two problems

1. Adobe seems not be dpi monitor aware !!, but after a lot of different setups I found one where I don't  have strange black lines on after effects timeline

2. Setup of after effect or premiere is not possible on two monitors. I was online with Adobe support during 3 hours and we tested a lot of setups none is realy working !!!

We uninstall with the CC Cleaner tool, install older versions, and so on..... nothing helps

They promissed me a solution !!!!

The only helpfull manipulation I found is :

Before closing the apps, move the child window open on second monitor to the main monitor. I can then reopen the apps

So we have to wait a working fix !!!

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, there's something weird on some systems. I have some things with my three monitors that are screwy. Especially AfterEffects, where if I'm going to have my UHD monitor doing Transmit, it will only do BOTH my UHD and my 2nd, 1920x1080 at the same time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Premiere 13.1.2 on a brand new MacBook Pro with the Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB video card and a Caldigit T3 dock and am having real trouble getting consistent playback in Premiere on my third monitor.

Premiere allows occasional fullscreen playback on that 3rd monitor but more often unchecks the box for video playback on that third monitor in the settings panel.

I've tried making sure the monitors are on different Thunderbolt Ports, even separate from my RAID but it's still finicky.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same Issue, but on a Windows System. I always worked with a three Monitor Setup wich was never a problem but since a few weeks it randomly unchecks the boxes and  gives the output to the monitor with the lowest resolution. Adobe Support was of no help. Anyone ideas? is  this a common bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted, this is an acknowledged bug and we're all waiting for the next patch release.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr Haugen, I note you say it's an acknowledged bug. Do you mind telling me where you managed to track that data down? I would be curious to read it myself. If it's in this thread, then clearly I missed it, sorry. Thanks in advance, Callum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been mentioned elsewhere. Not in every potential thread though.

And I've had discussions with engineers about it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Neil, thanks for the tip. Callum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - I uninstalled PPro's latest update and then reinstalled 13.1.0 which at least allows for my 3rd monitor to work in PPro (with some finagling on my 2019 MBP - every 10th launch or so, I need to unplug and re-plug the 3rd monitor with PPro open to get it to recognize the 3rd monitor properly for fullscreen playback). 

Here's a great work-around if you need to open your updated projects in an earlier version of PPro - Open a New Premiere Pro Project on an Older Version[Mac]! Downgrade a Premiere Pro Project! - YouTub...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines