• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link referencing itself - Inception style!

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with a sort of Inception situation here, and couldn't find any similar posts.

I am working on an edit on Premiere, with titles made on AE.

The problem is that the edit os not locked yet, and therefore the timing of the titles keep changing.

So my solution was to create a dynamic link of the Premiere file inside AE, so I could reference and fix details as changes were made to the edit. The Premiere sequence was turned into a guide layer and shouldn't render, just guide me.

HOWEVER, I may have to make changes the edit to allow proper reading time for the titles. Both are very tied together. So I though about dynamic linking the AE sequence inside Premiere.

If you do the math, what I'm trying to do is Premiere inside AE inside Premiere. PrDL1 -> AEDL2 -> PrDL1. Inception style.

But it doesn't seem to work. Neither of the apps will allow me to eventually reference themselves. Is there any workaround this?

I'm using both the latest releases on the latest update as for today's date.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

It's not possible to do that, as Dynamic Link doesn't support circular reference (aka Inception).

For your titles, I'd recommand using Motion Graphic templates with Responsive time (new in CC2019), this will allow you to elegantely retime.

Learn how to create and work with responsive design - time in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to do that, as Dynamic Link doesn't support circular reference (aka Inception).

For your titles, I'd recommand using Motion Graphic templates with Responsive time (new in CC2019), this will allow you to elegantely retime.

Learn how to create and work with responsive design - time in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is amazing! How did I go about my life before this?

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines