• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Server PROBLEM! (Premiere and AME)

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have 100 sequences that I need to batch export from Premiere.

Selecting all sequences --> export --> Media --> Queue will send those to AME where either is freezes, crashes, sequences import but nothing happens, stuck on "Connecting to dynamic link server" indefinitely, fails to export (with the soothing sheep sound that send a very relaxing vibes to calm your frustration) or export with a lot of glitches.

Dragging the sequences from PP to AME will result an error: "Source is empty"

All permissions are set to where they should on all folders, including G8 system folders where premiere creates TEMP projects for Dynamic link. (Needs to disable CSR in recovery mode)

Exporting one-by-one works perfectly both through PP export and AME export (I insisted on trying it this time, but will not have free time in the future to always do this)

I have found a thread that apparently solves it for AE

AME cannot connect to Dynamic Link Server

But could not find any solutions for premiere

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Tried it yesterday after the April update with 10-15 files, no issues so far.

I am scheduled to have a big batch exported in the coming weeks, If I encountered the issue again I will let you know.

Also a new behaviour that I believe is somehow linked. When sending any file from premiere to AME, AME fails to encode if premiere is closed. This only seems to happen if you close premiere before AME starts encoding, or if you send multiple files and Premiere is closed, AME will fail to encode the files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and if I switch off my firewall (Sophos) it works just fine. Clearly I'd rather not switch off firewall, but don't know what file/ application needs to be added to my firewall to make it work. Very frustrating! Best of luck with your solution. If you find a fix, please post it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris_Z77,

Are you still experiencing this issue or have you solved it? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it yesterday after the April update with 10-15 files, no issues so far.

I am scheduled to have a big batch exported in the coming weeks, If I encountered the issue again I will let you know.

Also a new behaviour that I believe is somehow linked. When sending any file from premiere to AME, AME fails to encode if premiere is closed. This only seems to happen if you close premiere before AME starts encoding, or if you send multiple files and Premiere is closed, AME will fail to encode the files it hasn't started on yet.

Error: Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted

The reason why this happens is easy, When a file is sent from Premiere to AME, Dynamic Link creates a TEMP project in the G8 Folder on a mac. By closing Premiere, sometimes those TEMP projects gets flushed, therefore when AME reaches the files, it can't find the source project anymore. Any way to change this behaviour?

New thread: AME error: Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running into that same issue on a Windows 10 machine after the cc update. I create a dynamic link from Premier to AE, it deletes the original AE file on my hard drive and replaces it with a temp AE file that no longer supports dynamic linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines