• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic linking between After Effects and Premiere is poor!

Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have the issues when ever you dynamic link sequences between After Effects and Premire ALL the sequences become offline when switching between the two programmes. I thought the whole idea was to update not render offline.

This has been an issue with previous versions of Prmeiere and thought it might be fixed but still the problem remains.

It's very annoying as I do a lot of Premeire / After Effects linking in my work. It never used to be like that.

I am using Premeire 2020 and After Effects 2020 (latest verisons)

macOS 10.15.1 Catalina

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the very reason to why i never use Dynamic Link.

Rendering out the assets from AE, import to PR and using the Edit Original command in PR if any changes needs to be done is the way to go for my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I would add here. This is VERY common when taking a project in one version and simply "opening" the project in a new version. Premiere seems to miss some metadata in the transfers done like this.

So ... if this was say work from the 2019 version "opened" in 2020, I would expect this problem.

In that case ... create a new project file in 2020. From the Media Browser panel in Premiere, navigate to and select then import the older project file. That seems a much more stable way to get metadata across.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina might have a hand in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try creating a new project thanks. The same issue happened in the two previous incarnations of macOS.

Also, I have noticed that if I switch to AFX - do not make ANY changes - then go back to Premeire - the rendered sequences  are now unrendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried creating a new project but didn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines