Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Adobe Audition greyed out

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So latest version of CC17.

Along with the fact that x264 encoded video doesn't bring in any audio any more (that's being dealt with in another post). I don't seem to be able to right click: Edit in Audition, in any part of the software any more.

System: Win10, latest updates, i7-3930K 3.20GHz 6-core, 64GB RAM, nvidia GTX TITAN X.

Imported x264 and DNxHR OP1a footage and AIFF files via media browser into Project panel.

Right clicking in the project panel produces no ability to roundtrip into Audition. This option is greyed out.

Right clicking clips dragged onto timeline also produces the same issue.

The magical fixer of a Premiere editors problems, the Media Cache, has been cleaned, and cleaned again, from dealing with the last issue I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Any ideas on what I can do, other than, obviously, drag the files from explorer into Audition myself. Though this is a slower way of working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Hi Olly,

If uninstalling and reinstalling both Premiere Pro and Audition didn't work, check out some of the solutions in this thread please: Re: Why is "edit in Audition" greyed out in Premiere Pro and After Effects?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here; cannot get it to show in 2017.

Reinstalled CS6 which I knew worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olly,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hi,

It might be an issue with installation. Please uninstall & reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Check the related post. .

Re: CC2017 - PP not allowing "Edit clip in Audition"

Premiere 2017 and Adobe Audition dynamic link not working

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall both the Adobe PP and the Audition will solve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing every time there's a problem is NOT NOT NOT a valid solution. This is past ridiculous. This problem has been going on since 2014. For GAAWWDDDSSSS sake assign a technical guy to debug this nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you on this one, ENIR.  I installed the software once, that should be enough.  I'm thinking Adobe should be doing some investigation into why sooo many folks are having this issue with the first installation and need a second one.  (And then very quickly release an update to correct the issue without a reinstall.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did any of you get this to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, but...it's not important enough of an issue for me to even read that whole thread.

That's why I feel this is one that Adobe should be correcting with an update.  I installed the software once.  It needs to work.  Adobe needs to find out why it isn't working for so many folks on the first install, then issue a patch that will correct the situation for both current and future installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olly,

If uninstalling and reinstalling both Premiere Pro and Audition didn't work, check out some of the solutions in this thread please: Re: Why is "edit in Audition" greyed out in Premiere Pro and After Effects?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither.

Thanks for answering

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 4:45 PM Kevin-Monahan <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here we are in late 2022, and Premiere is still having this problem, apparently out of the blue. I did as suggested, uninstalled and reinstalled both programs, and that fixed it. Still, seems like Adobe should have figured this out by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines