• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit or trim clips with captions

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve some clips (in a film) that I want to delete or shorten (is this called "trim"?) I´ve no problem with the clip or the sound. But I always get a lot of trouble with the captions (I usually do this shortening with the "razorblade") and the text disappear or end up in a wrong position. I suspect that I´m using the wrong method. Is there a easy/better/correct way to perform this shortening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of your timeline with tracks expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this on the timeline.

Skärmavbild 2019-07-29 kl. 18.55.02.png,

And when I try to shorten the caption "pappa och de andra... (grabbing the grey handle )" it all "runs away"/expand instead.

Skärmavbild 2019-07-29 kl. 18.56.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select a caption in the Caption Panel. Adjust the length there. Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean if I can change the length of the single caption by changing the values for time (in and out) so is the answer Yes, I can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. Some users prefer changing the times in the Caption Panel, either by typing times, or dragging. It is easier to see where you are in the video and by adjusting in the timeline.

But I have no difficulty dragging the beginning or end of the caption in the timeline. I assume when you hover over the grey caption-end indicator, that you are getting the red bracket arrow showing which direction you are dragging. If you drag past another caption, it will stop at that caption. If you drag the end of a caption past the beginning of the same caption, it appears to disappear, but you will see it is one frame in the Caption Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the captions track expanded, use the little grey handles to increase or decrease the time that the captions stay on screen. You will then be able to just have a single caption track with all of the captions long it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of caption stream do you have (open vs closed especially), and how do you plan to use them (export sidecar, embed, burn in)?

Your options based on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Open Captions. I think I want to want to burn in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines