• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Video to Audio

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in a work for hire facility and we mostly do podcasts. We have three cameras that film and an audio interface, so audio and video are recorded separately and synced in post. Ok this is where it gets tricky. The facility has already had a audio editor come in and edit a 1.5 hour recording down to about 45 minutes. They now ask for me to edit the recorded video and sync it to the fully edited audio. The only way I can think of doing it would be to sync by sight, but with dozens of tiny cuts it would be long and tedious. Is there a way to easily do this, or would there be a better work flow to for two editors, with audio being edited first???
TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software does the audio editor use to edit the 1.5hr file? If there was a way for them to give you the cut-up audio exported as individual clips, you could at least sync the individual clips chosen to the 1.5 hr file so you know which parts of the footage are used and go from there. Hope this made sense, it's a tricky problem! Ideally the editor who makes a first pass would do the syncing before anything gets cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think a possible solution to this might be to have the first step be transcribing the sequence. Create captions from the transcription. Then cutting from the transcription becomes possible.

I've found this to be immensely better for cutting interviews. Rather than watching the interview over and over. I transcribe, then I can export a text file. Read the text file, mark my printed copy where I want to edit, then go directly to the sequence and simply scroll through the Text window in the Captions workspace to get to those points and ... cut.

I'm amazed how fast the current shipping version makes that transcription.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines