• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects in premiere pro and after effects

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im edditing a surf video where I want a clip in the backround of another clip. Is there a way to get this effect? and is it best to do it in Premiere pro or After effects? The effect in the still pictures is kind of what I´m looking for but in I want that effect whit two moving pictures. 

Best regards,

Filip

1970 forum.pngLapint Biarritz forum.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking at working with Masks here. The best software depends on the complexity of the two clips. 

If it is a simple straight line, or picture-in-picture effect, then Premiere is completely adequate for this.

If you are looking at a more complex shape cut, then the pen tool in AE will be the best option, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will give it a shot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, masking to reveal/hide the photo and a turbulent displacement effect on the photo to make it look like it's floating in water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines