Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding Multiple Language Captions - CEA-608

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've been having some trouble trying to embed captions in two different languages (English and Italian) into one .mov file. Currently, I have the two different caption layers on top of one another in the timeline, one in CEA-608 CC1 and the other in CEA-608 CC2. However, when I try to change the Export Settings of one caption string to be labelled as its correct language - either 09 (English) or 15 (Italian) - the Export Settings of the other caption string gets changed as well. I have been exporting in Quicktime with the caption settings set to "Embed in Output File".

When I export, I get one captioned language that works beautifully; I can open the file in Quicktime and toggle that language on or off, and the . Is there a way to get both languages to be embedded simultaneously in the output file, so that users may choose either CC when watching?

I included screenshots of my timeline, my Caption Export Settings, and my video Export Settings (caption tab).

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry- little typing mistake. I meant to say, "I can open the file in Quicktime and toggle that language on or off, and the caption option itself is labelled with the correct language for ease of access."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my timeline and settings:

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.33.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.33.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.34.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not done this. It looks like some kind of bug. I know there is an issue putting both 608 and 708 in mov.

I added a CC1 and CC2 608 to a short video. Export mov embedded. Reimport to PR: only the  uppermost caption track came in. There is an empty second track. 

Media info shows only one caption track as CC1.

I exported as mxf op1a. Both tracks present. However, the timecodes are not correct on reimport.

Mediainfo shows both caption tracks.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It definitely does seem a little buggy to me, I feel like it should work but it just doesn't. I guess I can just use some third party software. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines