• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore asking for serial number

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got Adobe CC and then instal Encore CS6, by installing Premiere CS6 also.

But now, when I open Encore CS6 is asking by the Serial Number and it won't open.

So... Encore CS6 comes or not with CC??!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tryed every single topic of this link but still asking for Serial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding Encore CS6 does not come with CC.

It is EOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, Neil. It does not come "with," but you can install and use it with your CC subscription.

Vitolo, use the "chat" button on the page John linked to and ask about the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It's my understanding Encore CS6 does not come with CC

Not automatic, but is included with a manual install

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for duff info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't be our hero without being  human...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem, were you able to resolve this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here. Adobe please let us know my work depends on this ! Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were your results from each step in John's link at post 1.

If you have no succeeded, there is a chat button on that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just changing the language didn't work for me. I already had prem cc installed under English (N. Am) and when I switched, it acted like a different account, as if I didn't already have programs installed and encore still didn't work. I even tried uninstalling cs6 family only, changing the language and then reinstalling it, no luck. Only worked for me after a clean install of everything, even the cloud app, then changing the language, then downloading and installing cs6 family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED ! I just spent about an hour chatting with Adobe Support. The solution was to uninstall Premier Pro CS6 Family and download it using the CC App. It seems that the problem was that I was using Encore from my old CS6 Version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED ! I just spent about an hour chatting with Adobe Support. The solution was to uninstall Premier Pro CS6 Family and download it using the CC App. It seems that the problem was that I was using Encore from my old CS6 Version.

Actually NOT SOLVED, it worked for a day or so but now it still asking for it. Also my dynamic link from PP to Audition doesn't work. HELP !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rex and Freddy. I sent a note to the forum staff asking them to get someone to look at this. Normally the cloud installation issue forum would be the place to go, but I do not know if there is a special issue involved with Encore. The link at post 1 should work.

The forum that may be able to help is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link at post one doesn't work. I've tried it and it doesn't work. All my other apps work, signing in to CC works ect. It's just encore cs6.

Thanks, but the second link you just posted doesn't help either.

Encore CS6 worked yesterday, it's been working since I installed it over a year ago, but today it asks for a serial number, and as a current CC member I don't have a serial nor did I ever have a serial number.

I did a live chat with adobe tech from 8-9pm est tonight. I got bounced around a few times and then the tech abruptly dropped me at 9 pm saying, "sorry, your app doesn't work.  You will need to contact the more experienced techs later as they are all offline." WHAT?!

After that lousy customer service chat, I am really disappointed and upset. Still no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem this morning and needed to burn a blu ray with last minute changes for a friend to show a large group from his horticultural society this afternoon. I will have to try to export the project to Premiere Elements to burn the DVD of let him and 100 people down. Thanks Adobe.

This is exactly why there was so much opposition to the creative cloud when it was introduce. The software is excellent but this is not the first time I and many others have been let down by not having access when they most need it.

I am retired and Creative Cloud is a is not and insignificant cost when it is for non profit hobby use. Prior to the cloud I had every version of Photoshop since version 3, Premiere since version 4, plus Live Motion, GoLive, Audition and illustrator they were always there for me to use.

When I signed up for the cloud it was on the understanding that Encore was going to be fully supported like the other app's and I can't aford to pay more money on alternative authoring software. If anyone from Adobe reads this post please ensure this is fixed as a matter of urgency and please take on board that DVDs and Blu Rays are still a major means of distributing motion pictures and need to be supported.

I really feel sorry for the people who are trying to make a living when they are dennied access to mission critical software they have paid to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>When I signed up for the cloud it was on the understanding that Encore was going to be fully supported

I'm sorry that you had that BAD understanding (I am a member just like you, so blame Adobe) but the fact is that Encore CS6 is End of Life http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/faq.html

See #8 here for why http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1337952?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2014 Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

With respect it was not my BAD understanding as I joined the creative cloud when the offering was CS6 before the CC release. At that time there was no talk off Encore being dropped in future releases.

I am not sure why you thought it necessary to say "(I am a member just like you, so blame Adobe)" as I clearly said "If anyone from Adobe reads this post please ensure this is fixed as a matter of urgency and please take on board that DVDs and Blu Rays are still a major means of distributing motion pictures and need to be supported" making it obvious I blame Adobe.

Yes of course Encore is end of life but it should still work until it is officially withdrawn. It seems strange that a few of us are having the problem within days of each other which is why I am wondering if there is something wrong system that checks our membership and allows us to us to use the products.

After using Adobe products since Photoshop 3 please credit me with enough intelligence to have worked out that this is a user forum.

Regards,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>link at post one doesn't work

Using Win7 and Internet Explorer I just clicked the link I provided in reply #1 and it works perfectly for me

Since Encore CS6 "via the Cloud" is activated by installing and activating PPro CS6, the only solution I know of for Encore CS6 asking for a serial number is to DE-and-RE-activate Premiere Pro CS6... which MAY mean completely uninstalling the PPro/Encore CS6 bundle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

>link at post one doesn't work

it works perfectly for me

In the context of other posts, I think rexomus is saying that the steps taken in that link do not work. I think he was able to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe... but he said the LINK didn't work, not that the instructions AT the link didn't work... oh well... maybe what I added in #21 will help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, that is exactly what I am saying. The link works, but the task of Un-installing and reinstalling is redundant and very time consuming; usually yealiding a fix for a day, only having to be done again and again.

I think the argument here is that a large portion of Adobe clients still produce work for physical media. Everyone I know who uses Adobe CC or the old CS express the same frustration as I do about abandoning Encore and physical media creation.

Adobe killing Encore doesn't make sense to me because physical media is still a viable commodity. Bestbuy, Target, Wal-Mart all have about an acre of floor space dedicated to DVDs, Blu-ray, CD's and even Vinyl. Amazon still offers conventional physical media in the aforementioned formats for music, movies, and videogames. Physical media is not dead. I see the trend, I say in about 10 years physical media will be nostolgic but right now it's still in demand and profitable.

Most of my business are 18-35 year old brides that not only demand DVD and Bluray copies of their weddings but expect; it with out question. Even a large portion of my corporate clients want the end product on a physical medium such as DVD or Blu-ray. Hollywood produces hundred million dollar productions and still print to physical media such as DVD and Blu-ray.

I enjoy my adobe CC I am a fan of the subscritpion service, it's improved the quality while lowering the cost of what I do, but I am also becoming frustrated with a few product decisions Adobe has made recently: Dropping Encore, and not servicing the issues with Premiere Pro Effects not playing nice with AMD video cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe killing Encore doesn't make sense

Go back to #22 and click the second link I provided and read message #8

Adobe did NOT kill Encore... they were not allowed to write an Encore CC because the "core" modules they license from another company were killed

As for Adobe's decision to stop upgrading Encore CS6 for new operating systems... THAT is an economic decision by Adobe that I do not like, but it does not seem that any of us will be able to change Adobe's decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I guess we can argue the semantics all day but at the end of the day Encore is a fossil. I just wish there was a vible alternative. Of the few Disc authoring suites I used, Encore was my favorite for user creative tool set and ease of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines