• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 Missing Library Files Update

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe posted a solution for the missing Library content for Encore 6. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html 

I have not treid it yet.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 172 Replies 172
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the links for the functional content seem to be working for me. Are the file locations being changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, the actual download link on the various pages is bad. As a workaround, they hosted those on one of the blog pages. I'm not sure who to tell....

If I were you, I'd call customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rpestes wrote:

OK, I have had to do some weird things to get the download to work, sort of. I need to know which files to extract to in encore for the following folders from the download. The Main, Styles and Template folders. Where do I put them when extracted? If I do it automaticly they disappear somewhere and I can't find them. I got the Library folder into Encore and linked it but the others I don't know what to do with.

For Encore - when you have downloaded the .7z file for the FC , extract it at any suitable place on your system (it does not need to be inside the Encore folder). You don't have to worry about the Main, Styles and Template folders.Leave them as it is. Just link the Library folder to encore and you are good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document above has been updated to include instructions for Premiere Pro, and the archives have been moved to a server that should offer better download performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chad...Following the most recent instructions in the document, the title names DO appear in the "new title from template" window. However, there is still a problem with the size of the directory side of the window and/or the scroll bar. The problem can be seen if you grab the scroll bar and pull down, The scrolling begins just below the "classic_full_hd" title name.

Also, the images associated with the various titles are not showing up in the previews. The PNG and PSD files are in the new templates folder, but they are not coming through in the previews OR when you actually create the menu. Most of them just display the menu text and a series of alternating green/red bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad Baker wrote:

The document above has been updated to include instructions for Premiere Pro, and the archives have been moved to a server that should offer better download performance.

Chad, thank you for your patience.  I appreciate the fact that you responded and that Adobe finally seems to be listening.  It's just frustrating to have so many false starts.  I will try the new Premiere download.  I have now successfully installed the Encore content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I WANTED this to be over, but Adobe just won't cooperate!

I downloaded the new Premiere content.  It now contains a ton of new folders.  (my hopes increase)  Alas, there are still tons of other files below the folders in the templates directory listed as Books_HD_full.en-US.xml & Books_HD_full.en-US.xml.importerdata, etc.  These file names correspond to the names of all the other file folders in the same Templates folder.

But when I go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Presets\Templates to copy the folders, I notice that the existing folders (that shipped on the original DVD) don't have the corresponding xml & importerdata files.  (starting to worry)

Anyway, I follow the instructions and load Premiere, go to "Title/New title/From template" and get the template browser window.  All the old templates from the original install work perfectly, but all the NEW templates from the functional content download are BROKEN.  The text appears, but all the graphics are missing.

I'm totally flummoxed.  Why is this so hard for Adobe to setup properly???  These are just template files.  It seems like there's a bunch of Keystone cop programmers over in Adobe.  Somebody's manager ought to be rolling heads right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last! It all seems to be working now albeit a little overcomplicated upziping and install. Must of had a junior in charge of the problem and in the end the big boys had to get involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More like all chiefs and no workers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP CS6 Template Download.JPG

The Encore CS6 download content looks fine. Tha Premiere download content has problems (red & green striped background...) as you can see by this template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@E. Baldwin,

Thanks for posting that image!  That is EXACTLY what I am seeing with my Premiere content.  The original content that shipped with Premiere works fine, but all the "new" content contained in the download appears like your image.

Doesn't anybody at Adobe check their work before posting it?  Even a cursory testing of this content before placing on the Adobe site would have revealed this problem.  Adobe, are you asleep at the wheel???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right! I've looked again, Encore looks OK most of the new content for Premiere Pro templates is messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed that the page http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html was updated on the 6th June, I'm in the progress of downloading the 734mb fife to see if it works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Let us know of any quirks encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it all seems to working (though I did rename the various folders that would be changed to "OriginalNameOld" just in case) I've checked quite a few templates etc. in Encore and Premiere. The only problem I can find is in Premiere as noticed by E. Baldwin where the New Title with Templates window doesn't scroll correctly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info on the updated page.

My Encore library content seems to be in place and working ok.

Premiere still has the template scrolling issue - as you stated.

I detest dirty installs. From all the attempts to fix Premiere I know there are files in places where they don't belong. So - - - I think I'll deactivate Premiere, uninstall/reinstall it and start over using the latest .zip file referenced on that 'new' page.

If that doesn't cure the scroll issue I'll just call tech [if I can get one that I can understand ] and give them a whack at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a known issue (the broken scrolling in new titles from templates). We're working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the issue is in windows, the program needs a fix.

The MAC version just works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update (2012-06-07) http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html windows disk customers has gone backwards. The content for Encore and Premiere are back where we stated with Encore Library and Premiere menu templates are at the minimum. I have managed to get a complete Encore Library from the next to last download but no luck with the Premiere menu templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Just downloaded the installers... The Encore installer put the same very limited libraries back that were originaly shipped with cs6. Just a handfull of Menu options. I pulled the library before installation and compared... exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Just downloaded the installers... The Encore installer put the same very limited libraries back that were originaly shipped with cs6. Just a handfull of Menu options. I pulled the library before installation and compared... exactly the same.

Which link did you use, the one frm Solution 1 or Solution 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions from Adobe say 

Note:

If you installed the previous functional content packages, you may already have 'templates' and 'textures' folders in your Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Presets folder. Delete these before installing.

I just renamed them. The 734 mb file you download is called PremiereProCS6ContentWin inside that folder is a folder called CS6 Functional Content if you open that folder it contains 2 file both named PremierePro6ContentLS7 one is a 7Z file and one is an appilication, click on the application this comes up with the Adobe Family Content Installer click "next" then when it has extracted all the files click "finish" you should now be looking 2 folders and an icon file, one folder is called Encore CS6 Functional Content and the other is called Premiere Pro CS6 Content open each folder in turn and click on the Setup file to install the content to the correct place. Incidently on my computer these folders were in a folder called Adobe CS6 and was on the desktop in case you get losted.

Hope this is of help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Adobe's posted instructions precisely (as above) and my Encore content reverted to the state where there are just a scant few menus in each set but NO other content (buttons, images, backgrounds, etc). I, too, had renamed older versions and was able to get back the content as it was in my post #51 above. I am gonna be happy satisfied settle with for that, I guess.

As has been noted numerous times and acknowledged by Adobe (Chad Baker's post #71 above) the PrPro title templates continue to be broken with the scrolling issue and the display in the preview window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you end up with those 2 folders called Encore CS6 Functional Content and Premiere Pro CS6 Functional Content and did you click on the Setup file inside each folder to install the folders and files? If so you must make sure Encore is pointing to the correct place just in case you've changed the location, so whilst in Encore you go to Edit/Preferences/Media and in Library Content it should be pointing to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....Followed their instructions explicitly.

However, I have been known to be a victim of "fat finger syndrome" so I started fresh with the download, and re-installed the Encore content only. Same result as in my post #77. Others seem to be having the same issue (posts #73 & #74)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines