• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 Missing Library Files Update

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe posted a solution for the missing Library content for Encore 6. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html 

I have not treid it yet.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 172 Replies 172
Advocate ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called tech twice this am.  Neither had a clue what I was asking about relative to the Premiere Pro Title template scrolling issue.

Musing - When Adobe finally fixes the scrolling issue are we gonna have to continue to follow here to get a fix or are they gonna put it out as a mass update?

Suite subsctiption members - especially - should not have to fix issues like missing content and scrolling issues. Said fixes should be automatic as part of an update to the products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure when we’ll be able to address the scrolling issue in the titles from templates dialog. We’re aware of it, and we’d like to fix it. I just can’t say for certain when that will happen. That being said, it would be part of an update, most likely along with several other bug fixes, and you’d receive a notification from the Adobe Update Manager. It wouldn’t come out as a single issue patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 734 mb file you download is called PremiereProCS6ContentWin inside that folder is a folder called CS6 Functional Content

one folder is called Encore CS6 Functional Content

This version currently is the same as the April 9 "templates only" functional content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Folks! I've downloaded that 734mb file and install it again to see where the problem could be and guess what it is the old unusable part library as a few reported! I don't know how it work OK the other day maybe my media library location was pointing my 2gb library folder I rescued from CS5. I must apologise to you all, just trying to help....................I'll get my coat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take your coat off terryd1. No apology necessary. We've all been struggling with these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

ADOBE when is this going to be fixed?

I am form the UK and I have the same problem with lack of content in encore 6, I have upgraded form 5.5 by disc. I have d/l the extra content 3 times now including the one dated 12/6 and no difference.

You start of with a file after unzipping showing 1.08gb but when installed its only 554mb and still does not have any meaningfull content.

I have 5.5 backed up and I shall use that and return the upgrade discs the my supplier as faulty.

I reported this complete shambles to  customer service on the 8th June and not even a email acknowlegement to date.

This is very poor service indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnacs5 are you talking about the Windows version.  I'm using the Mac version and I updated over a week ago with all of the content and it is all working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore full functional content is available at - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html. On this page navigate to -

"Download the extra library content"

Here you can download the full functional content.It will be a .7z file

So here are the steps to follow -

1)Download the full functional content on your system (.7z files)

2)Download unzip utility for .7z format

3)Extract the files to any desired location on your computer4)Launch Encore and point the library to the location where you have just extracted the FC files.

• For MAC goto Encore->Preferences->Media .Browse to the Library folder of the FC which you have extracted.
  • For Windows got Edit->preferences->Media. Browse to the Library folder of the FC which you have extracted.

5)Click OK.

6)The library files will be loaded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shuchi, when I tested the content from that link on 6/9, it had reverted to the 4/9 (templates only library) version.

I have the content from 5.5 and the earlier full content download, so I don't have an immediate issue, but this is adding to the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dkardell and shuchi shrivastava,

I am using windows, I have been d/l the first item on the  'Install the CS6 Functional Content' not the last item extra library content. so I have probarbly got it wrong. So down loading now and I will be back hopefully in the next hour or so with some good news.

Do I need to delete the existing folders? or just install straight into the Library forder?

Thanks for your help so far>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Well that worked, up to a point I have everything but 'styles' in the library it tries to open i.e. basics but nothing appears. When you look in programmes - encore - library which now contains 3.6gb there are icons in all the style folders.

So a little way to go yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am still short of "styles" in the library every thing else seems fine so any ideas on how to get this working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am still short of "styles" in the library every thing else seems fine so any ideas on how to get this working

I'm getting lost: Styles in your Encore installation or...?

FYI, my Encore/Styles folder is dated from my install and has stuff in there. Does not appear to be functional content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Styles Sorted literally!

I found that I had "a styles folder in the library folder amongst other folders like "main - support and template"  these had come from the unzipped full function content folder which I copied complete into the library folder and that confused encore's library completly.

So once removed all works as it should.

Still not heard back from Adobe tech, very poor service.

Thanks to all that may have pointed me in the right direction.

johnacs5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you heard anythng yet?  I follow the instructions and I can only see menus in the library but no buttons or anything else.  this is super frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try:

Go to Program Files | Adobe | Adobe Encore CS6  and change the Styles folder name to Styles-temp

Create a new folder named Styles

Go to http://jforbes.us/styles.zip [7.5MB] and Save File to your desktop [or wherever you want it stored/kept - if you do]

Unzip that file and copy the folders it contains to the newly created Styles folder.

Be sure to restart Encore.

Is the above works you can then delete that Styles-temp folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still only get just the menus, I dont show any buttons or backgrounds,images, layer sets or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still only get just the menus, I dont show any buttons or backgrounds,images, layer sets or anything.

I can't tell which link you followed or what you did.

Some users are following the instructions to install only the templates. But the following appears to work:

Go to this link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html

Look down the page for "Additional Solution: Install the Resource Central library content."

Follow the instructions there; all the Encore content will be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that Alan Craven's Reply #3, in this THREAD has been helpful to others, and seems to be exactly what Stanley is advocating.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite surprised that Adobe has let this issue go this far and for this long.

ATTN ADOBE:

Users of your products - ANY product - should NOT have to be subjected to the mess expressed in this thread - PERIOD!

Adobe has AUTOMATIC updated [meaning they are installed via scripts] for all of their products.

Why is it so difficult for your update crew to check each users Encore / Premiere installation for all the required folders and files?

If they are not all there and in the proper place FIX IT! Delete folders/files that are in place via errors caused by YOUR unzip/copy/paste mess

and replace them with the correct structure.

We users should not have to do anything other than authorize the fix!

When I installed the CS4 Master Suite a few years ago, Library content was missing.  I had to search Adobe help and finally the internet search for the fix.

Seems I didn't drill down into the latter part of ths install list and check a - hard to find - check-box for installing additional content.

The fix then was to simply rerun the install and check the box. THAT DIDN'T WORK!  I used CS4 sans the Libary content because it wasn't worth the hassle -caused by Adobe - to try to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re. additional solution.

Maybe a stupid doubt: have i to copy all the content of language folder in .....EncoreCS6\library or content of library in .....\library , content of styles in ....\styles  etc?

Thanks.

eugdiv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can keep the extracted folder at any place in your computer. All you have to do is point  Encore to the library folder it it. To do this -

MAC -

Goto Encore->Preferences->Media

Browse to the library folder of the extracted files and click OK.

Win -

Goto Edit->Preferences->Media

Browse to the library folder of the extracted files and click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought to share the way I did as a Cloud user.

I downloaded Premiere Pro and Encode from CC today. I couldn`t find anything in Library either. Thanks to this forum I found link to download page with .zip

Here is again: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

I unzipped folder en-US (English) which then I moved as it is to Encore folder. My path is: C:/Adobe Download Folder/Adobe EncoreCS6/en-US

Adobe Download is folder I made to download to.

Because my Pr & En are from Cloud, none of two softwares are in Program Files, but rather in folder I specified above.

Following shuchi shrivastava advice I now have everything including templates, buttons, fonts etc. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation of the CS6 functional content went OK with both Encore and Premiere on my desktop - but the Premiere scrolling did not work at first, but it is fine after re-starting Premiere a couple of times.

With my laptop, the Premiere install was fine and worked correctly from the start, but nothing would make the Encore install work - the files were there but Encore did not see them.  The library initialization which has to occur the first time that Encore is run after installing the library content did not happen.

I then tried the Resource Central Library Content method on my laptop, and this worked perfectly - there was a lengthy delay when I first ran Encore while the library initialized, and I have a full complement of menus, buttons, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Alan.

You helped me understand that the "full" content functional content is under the Resource Central Library Content section of the linked page.

This looks like the file I accessed previously, in which the "English" version is actually the whole thing (1.67GB). But it is the one that had buttons and all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines