• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 says file exceeds capacity of disc, which is impossible.

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to burn a video of some people at my church getting baptized, about 100-200MB data. I have had no trouble with burning discs of this sort on this same computer and program before, but here now I am getting an error telling me that the movie exceeds the capacity of the disk, which is impossible as I am using a 4.7GB DVD-R. My disc burner is a standard apple USB plug in burner/drive.

This is the error message I get. It is preventing me from transcoding the video (audio transcodes fine) and beginning the DVD build. Anyone have any idea what's going on? This seems like one of those situations where something deceptively simple hasn't been checked off or something.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 2.22.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 1.37.28 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your picture shows 12.2 Gig used for ROM CONTENT, which means that you have entered a folder name in that area... which is only used when you actually want to have a hard drive folder of computer files added to the output

Clear that and your project should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location of the DVD-ROM content is on the build tab just below what we can see in your screenshot, just under the "Layer Break" section.

This was a problem for Mac users when no ROM content was added. Write back if a simple delete doesn't fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are also getting another issue - minimum data rate is too small.

with VBR encodes the minimum file data rate should be 2.8Mbps, nothing lower - 2Mbps is generous of Encore.

In your case, why use VBR if the source file is so small?

Personally, I would use a 7Mbps CBR encode with PCM audio here - this will be much better and should work in conjunction with eliminating the ROM content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines