• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error compiling movie - Import error - Importer returned bad result

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a sequence (H.264 with youtube HD 1080 preset) where some of the clips have speed increase of 1200% applied to to them. I am trying to emulate a timelapse... I know there is something I am not considering here.

what i get as a message is : Error compiling movie - Import error - Importer returned bad result

see image bellow

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 3.51.55 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I found my particular solution. The source video cannot exist in the same folder as the project itself. What I did was copy the footage (in windows) to another folder.

From there I used the locate media function and all my footage was found no problem. The video just finished rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Painya​: Can you please elaborate by what you mean by "another folder"? Was it a subfolder within the master project folder or did you place the footage somewhere outside the project folder — same or different drive? Etc. Test a few scenarios and see if you can reproduce the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a way to work around this issue. I duplicated the source file, renamed it, imported it into the project, and replaced the corrupt footage. Was able to render after that. Hopefully that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error when I received a new version of a file from a client. They had speed-ramped it, but otherwise a clean asset. Plays clean in quick time.

Tried all the solutions in this thread: punctuation, copying the file, nesting the sequence, cleaning cache, manually wiping cache. Changing codec sequence settings didn't work either.

Any new known bugs, adobe?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm getting the same problem, and I've tried pretty much every solution listed in this thread, including copying the file that the exporter gets stuck on and renaming it. I have no effects on any of the footage, it's just R3D files in their entirety. I worked around the issue by deleting the file it got stuck on in the export, which worked, but it's hardly a workaround at all: it's unacceptable. It's not like the file is corrupted, it's playable in Premiere and REDCineX Pro. This problem needs a fix in the next update, because by the looks of this thread, I am not the only one with this problem.

Error compiling movie.

Import Error

Importer returned bad result.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\H:\Under the Weather\Premiere Projects\SequenceTest_1.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:08:43:15

Reading with importer: ImporterRED

Reading from file: H:\Under the Weather\Video\Day 1\A3 - Copy\A010_020227FIX.RDM\ESAD.RDC\esad002.R3D

Reading file type: R3D

Rendering at offset: 522.856 seconds

Component: ImporterRED of type Importer

Selector: 47

Error code: 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following workaround resolved this error for me:

In my situation, I knew exactly which video file was causing the problem as my premiere project only used one (old) .mp4 file.

My work around: In After Effects, create a composition containing only the offending file. Composition > Add to Render Que. Render the file as a lossless MOV. Make sure you render in the native After Effects renderer and not in Adobe Media Encoder.

This will create an enormous file...but afterwards, I compressed the .mov to an .mp4 with media encoder, no problem. Back in premiere, I relinked the media to this new 'converted' .mp4 file... Premiere could then render my project without an error.

TL;DR -- Render the file in After Effects as a lossless MOV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solutions? I've basically wasted a day trying to export our program for our captioning folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that I've done to circumvent the problem is to go to Adobe Media Encoder, and then open the Project File there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, Ran the sequence through Media Encoder and it exported fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this same issue today, tried everything. I was trying to export without sound, video only. I had to export with sound and then it finally worked. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Premiere Pro. Import Error and Importer returned bad result.

I rendered clip by clip till i found the one with the problem. Right click on it, replaced with After Effects composition. In AE when i hit play at the 4th frame, it gave me 1 white frame. Basically it was a problem with one frame from the video, maybe when it was originally exported or recorded, usually bad storage media. I just cut that one frame and everything is ok now. AE is always better to diagnostic footage than PP.

Usually when Premiere acts weird with any type of media, I just send it to After Effects and export from there. This saved me a lot of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to fix this everything didn't work im using adobe premiere cc 2017 v11.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the reasons this error occurs is if the drive you are rendering your previews to does not have enough space left on it. I would check that and try deleting some files on that drive to see if that solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? It's 2019 and Adobe is still having this problem... I haven't sped up the clip, haven't done anything noticeably weird, and only started having this problem when I switched to Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to fix whatever is on the timeline at the give time of the error.

Can be anything; clip, audio, effect, 3rd party software, you name it.

Delete section.

reboot and do it again.

See how that goes.

If still problematic export that section to an intermediate file and put that on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After reading through comments and implementing suggested changes I ended up exporting the video through Encoder. Though I'm certain I've had a similar error when exporting through Encoder as well, maybe I got lucky this time.

I have deleted the section before, rebooted, tried again. That does work, but it can get tedious if Premiere doesn't like more than one clip. And especially if you have a lot of effects on it.

For anyone else who wants all the different troubleshoots in a list -

1. Export through Encoder

2. Delete section and reboot

3. Switch to Mac, if you have one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines