• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I use the "Add Edit" tool, Premiere lags

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with the most infuriating bug -- it's literally not letting me edit.
I've tried everything with this project, and can't even figure out the source of the issue. Whenever I hit "Add Edit", it freezes up for like five seconds. Sometimes when I import the footage it shows as corrupted and unable to import (I've gotten low-level exceptions, Importer:81 and 39). I'm worried there is a clip/clips that are ruining the whole sequence. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Specs:
Latest version of Premiere, Version 24.3.0 (Build 59)
Footage is all MPEG-4, AVC
Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820K, 3.30GHZ
32GB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine (cpu) is somewhat below minimum specs.

Premiere Pro system requirements for Windows

Might want to consider proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh absolutely! I should have mentioned, I use proxies, and I've recreated them multiple times. No luck. I always need them because I cut weddings and so I'm looking at two or three cameras at once, or more sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that already. I tried everything. Recreated the whole project,
recreate the proxies, tried working on it on three different drives,
nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who stumbles upon this in the future, it turned out to be an AUDIO problem. Don't know how to fix it, but I can still edit the video. Making edits in the audio track still takes a 5-second buffer for some reason, but I'm cutting a wedding so it's doable for me. Mostly my edits are on the video tracks once the audio is cleaned up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your source audio settings and your sequence audio settings?  And try going to preferences: audio hardwre: and change the input to "none."  seems to help solve a lot of problems.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried changing it to 'none', nothing changed.

Audio sequence settings are 48000 Hz - Stereo. It also says Display Format: Audio Samples. Grayed out is "Channel Format: Stereo" and "Number of channels: 2"

Audio clips vary. They are:

- 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Mono (separate audio)

- 48000 Hz - 32-bit Float - Mono (separate audio)

- 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Stereo (camera audio)

- 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Stereo mapped to 2 Mono (camera audio)

- 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo (camera audio)

It's worth noting that I've been editing weddings for this guy monthly for eight years. Never had anything like this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines