• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export a Clip for Use in Other Projects

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that has a specific clip in it. The clip is a .png of a Twitter handle that has effects like blur in/out and positioning applied. I'd like to export this clip individually in order to easily import it to future videos without having to re-add the image to the bin, reapply the effect, re-position, etc. ever single time. Ideally I could just drop the clip onto the time line and it will function the same, in the same place, each time.

Is this possible?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

My preference for this would be to export a Cineform file.  They're very high quality and edit very nicely.

You'll find presets under QuickTime.  YUV 10 bit should suffice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preference for this would be to export a Cineform file.  They're very high quality and edit very nicely.

You'll find presets under QuickTime.  YUV 10 bit should suffice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also create a separate project with only the one clip and import that sequence into future projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can render out that clip with all your effects and motion as a lossless clip with alpha channel (transparency). Then it can be used from there on out as a simple clip that goes on a track above any video.

Here's another thread with lots of info to help you out.

Question about changing background of compositions in AE? (more details inside)

Thx

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this only possible in AE? I'm specifically referring to a clip in Premiere as that's all I'm working with currently.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will work with Premiere. Just have that clip as the only thing in the sequence and export it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can see what will be transparent on you r output by turning on "transparency grid" under the tool wrench icon at the bottom of the program monitor. see attached.

Steve

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 12.26.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines