• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Format Question

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening everyone, I’m hoping someone can help me.

I recently edited a feature film and we’ve had the cinema premiere where they used a DCP file and all was good.

I’m currently working on a PC but am moving to MAC shortly, in the past when working on a MAC I’ve saved my master as a prores 422 file. However before moving I wanted to save a finished master file from my PC install and wondered what the best option might be?

I‘d imagine I may need to import this back into the MAC install at some point in case distribution require something different so any help is very much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Depending on original frame size and Mbps, you could go with the ProRes equivalents of Cineform or a high-q DNxHD/R, which match or exceed ProRes quality and are both cross platform.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more info on the use case for the PC export? What does it need to play on, do you have file size restrictions, quality restrictions ect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samuel,

No file size restrictions as this will hopefully be stored as the master. We already have the DCP file which is currently being used for the cinema screenings but shortly I’ll need to submit something to distribution in preparation for its release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on original frame size and Mbps, you could go with the ProRes equivalents of Cineform or a high-q DNxHD/R, which match or exceed ProRes quality and are both cross platform.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Neil, it was shot on a C300 at 50mbps 1920 x x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer Cineform for this kind of thing.  I think it offers the best quality/size ratio.  It's also cross-platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For optimum quality, I use DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a format, with DNxHR HQX 10 bits.

You can go for the DNxHR RVB 444 option if needed too.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all your replies, it is very useful and much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines