• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export problem selector 9 error code 3 (H.264)

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have problems exporting my video in H.264 in premiere pro. I get the notification 'selector 9 error code 3'.

I have a Asus Vivobook 14 with an i5 processor. Before the summer, I had never problems exporting video's to that format. Now I am not able to export it in H.264

My adobe and premiere pro are updated to the latest version. So this will not be the issue.

defaulte9cv1lqc3b6i_0-1635860719272.png

How do I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

As an addendum to that message, I found that when I disabled Hardware encoding, through edit>preferences>media it made the editing process impossibly slow.  So I couldn't move around in the clips easily.  My solution was to enable hardward encoding, restart the program, continue my edit, but then, before attempting to export the project, to go back to edit>preferences>media and disable hardware encoding.  This requires a restart of the program, but ok.  It works. I can then export an MP4 file.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem since the new update. You can try selecting Software Encoding instead of Hardware Encoding for this project. It will take a little longer but you can probably export it that way until we find solution for this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the new update to 2022

.  I've tried software encoding, but that doesn't help.  Is there a way to revert to the earlier edition of Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same error, I have this version, and the tip you gave worked for me, Thank you, you saved me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

See if you can export using Software Encoding. It's in the Video Tab of the Export Settings dialog box.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out, I was able to switch to software coding in the Edit>Preferences>Media tab.  When I did that, I was able to export the file.  That change requires a restart of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addendum to that message, I found that when I disabled Hardware encoding, through edit>preferences>media it made the editing process impossibly slow.  So I couldn't move around in the clips easily.  My solution was to enable hardward encoding, restart the program, continue my edit, but then, before attempting to export the project, to go back to edit>preferences>media and disable hardware encoding.  This requires a restart of the program, but ok.  It works. I can then export an MP4 file.

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

legend. thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

thanks a lot for this. This solves the problem but makes exporting very slow. I did not have this issue with Premiere 2022 but I do since the upgrade to premiere pro 2022 has taken place. 

Do you know if there is a faster way other than chnaging to software encoding?

Also, do yoiu know wny this problem comes about?

thanks

Tom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many years will it take for Adobe to make Premiere Pro work

with graphics cards properly? How many, 10,20??

You make video editing software that doesn't work with cards in charge of a video, and every time is the

same everybody else is to blame, and every time same advice, for millions of various Premiere Pro errors.

Why you just don't admit that you are not capable of making video editing software that actually works?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Choxy,

I read your message. These are user to user forums. To get a message to the Premiere Pro team, file a bug here. I don't seem to be having export issues on macOS or PC. Are you experiencing the same issue as the OP? If so, and since there are many combinations of systems and media, give us specific details about those so the community can offer assistance? Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

How to downgrade? In CC app I can't find "other versions" any idea? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. Ever since the update, the export goes wrong as soon as it starts on the mp4 files and I get the exact same error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem and waiting adobe launch the 22.1 or 22.2 cause it's starting to give lots of problems here.. we are paying and don't having the service and anyone answer.. two weeks, we did format the notebook, reinstal and that's not the problem.. so Adobe, can you help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From ARGENTINA. 

I have the same problem. Error 3 in Adobe Media Encoder V.22 and Premiere with H.264 Codec.
Waiting for the NEW VERSION to be updated.
PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola! Uso pr 2023, instale la version 2022 y tengo el mismo problema, hace un mes que no puedo trabajar. Encontraste la solucion?

China

Hello! I use pr 2023, I installed version 2022 and I have the same problem, I haven't been able to work for a month. Did you find the solution? 

• Ty Chini20230429_194834.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Erika,

I received your message and it looks like you have an unknown error for exporting footage. Is that right? Check the Warp Stabilizer effect at 6:13 in the Timeline. If you remove it, can you export then? Let us know. You may need to adjust the effect, shorten the clip, or work around the issue in another way. I hope the advice helps. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your hardware encoding doesn't work, try updating the drivers for your  graphics cards.
Aside from that, exporting with Software Encoding does circumvent the problem, as the others pointed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried switching off hardware decoding, have plenty of space, error caused by updating to 2022 seems like since was working fine on old version. SMH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if answered, but I had the same error and the solution that worked for me was to Export using Media Encoder and leave Media Encoder open. I was producing multiple short clips and every clip that I tried to produce would give the same error code. So, I finally tried leaving Media Encoder open and it was like magic. It worked smooth! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clint,

i was just reading these posts as i have the error ' error compiling movie - a low level exception occured, selector 9, error code 3. Could you take me through what worked for you? - you mentioned leaving media encoder open- im not quite sure what you mean. Many thanks in advance if you have the time to reply. hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @hannahf57212844,

Sorry for the error. Is it possible to take a screenshot of your error? We can help you better with that.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Es desesperante estar en una situaciaón que no sabemos ni que hacer, como el errror # 3 de media encoder, despues de mucho investigar, no logre solucionar el problema, siempre me pasaba con los archivos h264, estuve apunto de borrar el programa.

Pero una luz me ilumino, solucionando un problema parecido en premiere. Por lo que lo intente solucionar de la misma forma en Media Encoder. SOLUCIÓN: cuando se exporta en >ajustes preestablecidos>ajustes de exportación>panel video>ajustes de codificación>opción Codificación de Software.  Luego lo exportas normalmente y ya esta. Espero que les sirva de ayuda. Si tienen dudas sobe este tema te invito a mi perfil de instagram : @vammastudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines