• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export problems with warp stabalizer

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am currently working on a large feature film project its 3 hours long. I probably have spent about 500hours working on editing it and around 100thousand dollars invested, so I don't want to start over. A lot of it is stabilized and looks great when I play it back through premiere there are no problems, but when I export it is gets blurry during parts that were stabilized. is there any way around this? what's the best export file type for maximum quality from premiere is it h.265 blu ray? should I just screen capture the playback? how do I fix blurry export stabilization?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still wondering if anyone has any advice or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got a lot of Warp stabilizer used, my sympathies. It's not built for a Main Tool, really, but more of something to save otherwise unusable shots. Expecting more than what it can do is often a heartbreaker.

Take short clips that are having issues. Work with the various options, one at a time, run Warp analyze, export to a full size intraframe codec like Cineform or DNxHD/R. Just a few seconds worth of media. Re-import, and see what happens.  What does it look like compared to a slightly different setting?

Using it "lightly" tends to give better results. And when you find settings that work for a section, I'd recommend exporting those to a good quality file, then replacing the original media on your sequence with them, move on to the next bit. The same settings may well not work on the whole project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder are you using? Whenever you update Premiere Pro, make sure to update Adobe Media Encoder as well. Current releases are 12.0.1 (69) for Premiere and 12.0.1 (64) for Media Encoder. Having said that, it is NOT a good idea to update while you're in the middle of a project — but if the two apps are not "in sync" at all, perhaps you can try outputting a portion of your project on a different machine and see what the results are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jacob, sorry to hear you're having issues with Premiere. I'm not exactly sure the reason with the information your provided, but I do have some suggestions. Have you tried tweaking the parameters in the warp stabilizer effect? Usually to much stabilization(50% or more) will cause distortion if you are using the "subspace warp" method within the effect. I usually find the sweet spot is between 15-35% stabilization and also go into the advanced settings and lower the crop less <<>> smooth more percentage and change rolling shutter ripple to "automatic enhanced". I also find that the "position, scale, rotation" method works better than the "subspace warp" method. If the problem is not due to that, to answer your question is when exporting set the profile to high and 4.1, bump up both target bitrate and maximum bitrate by 10, and make sure you have selected both render at maximum depth, and use maximum render quality. Hope one of those help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I see a problem with the warp in export I stabilize the clip in AE, save it as a Cineform file and bring that into Premiere.

I feel AE does a better job then Pr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines